Chevy SSR Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
05 6 speed 150hp nitrous express and 03 Redline
91 Posts
Your truck was beautiful I can’t believe this is the first time I have seen it that took a lot of love and hard work

·
Lady Di driver
2004 custom black and white
158 Posts
Status Update, May 11. We have received the repair estimate from the Insurance company and it exceeds the 80% threshold for repair, so they are going to total it and pay me the actual declared cash value. I can purchase the vehicle back for the salvage cost and rebuild with the remaining funds which is the direction I am leaning. And we can retain a clean title, not a salvage title which is good. Working out all the details but it takes time.

As for bureaucracy at work, I must say I am disappointed . The accident report took 2.5 weeks to be finalized and published. The first county sheriff has not yet assigned an investigator or detective to contact the two owners of the trailer ( second county involved) and the truck/cab owner (third county involved) yet and it has been 3 weeks already. We are pushing for the counties to work together to identify the driver of the semi that hit us and get them off the road before they do it again potentially with much more serious consequences. Research indicates if they ID and prosecute the driver, the driver will face a 3 year suspension of their license. Sounds tough but it was not our fault and it could happen again at a much higher speed than our incident and who knows the consequences then!

Thanks for all your kind comments and blessings. As I said above we are leaning towards repair but it will take probably 2 to 3 months and may cost a few thousand out of our pocket. The bitter sweet result of the accident is now my wife. the other Lady Di in my life, has a place to park her vehicle in the garage and out of the hot sun!

·
Premium Member
9,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Status Update, May 11. We have received the repair estimate from the Insurance company and it exceeds the 80% threshold for repair, so they are going to total it and pay me the actual declared cash value. I can purchase the vehicle back for the salvage cost and rebuild with the remaining funds which is the direction I am leaning. And we can retain a clean title, not a salvage title which is good. Working out all the details but it takes time.

As for bureaucracy at work, I must say I am disappointed . The accident report took 2.5 weeks to be finalized and published. The first county sheriff has not yet assigned an investigator or detective to contact the two owners of the trailer ( second county involved) and the truck/cab owner (third county involved) yet and it has been 3 weeks already. We are pushing for the counties to work together to identify the driver of the semi that hit us and get them off the road before they do it again potentially with much more serious consequences. Research indicates if they ID and prosecute the driver, the driver will face a 3 year suspension of their license. Sounds tough but it was not our fault and it could happen again at a much higher speed than our incident and who knows the consequences then!

Thanks for all your kind comments and blessings. As I said above we are leaning towards repair but it will take probably 2 to 3 months and may cost a few thousand out of our pocket. The bitter sweet result of the accident is now my wife. the other Lady Di in my life, has a place to park her vehicle in the garage and out of the hot sun!
Good news as far as your R goes.

·
Premium Member
2004 custom Paint and trim , ROTM winner #2, Previous owned R’s, 2006 #1 of 8 2 tone & 2005 silver
2,906 Posts
Is the estimate from your ins co?
If so and you decide to repair it keep all your costs so when your find out what trucking outfit is responsible present them with the bill. They should pay

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur, top secret can't say anything about another one
6,345 Posts
Is the estimate from your ins co?
If so and you decide to repair it keep all your costs so when your find out what trucking outfit is responsible present them with the bill. They should pay
If the insurance company pays out on the claim, then the insurance company will go after the trucking company or their insurance company. The owner of the SSR has been made whole so to speak by their insurance company and would have no claim against the trucking company at that point.

·
Lady Di driver
2004 custom black and white
158 Posts
Lady Di was taken to Chuckster's son Harold's garage yesterday for his estimate and review. Pretty sure we can get petty close to insurance company payout. I installed spare tire and drove R on and off trailer and a bit at Harold's so I think steering and suspension are OK. Bed cover still not fully closed so could not try to open roof, but gaps all round look normal. Just crossing my fingers on possible hidden damage. Thanks for all your ideas and thoughts.

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
don't think it will buff out, if Harold cost is not too bad fix it because you know the truck well. My next option would be how much would it cost to buy another, take all the extras off and put on new truck. Good Luck

·
Slingshot Rules!
85,882 Posts
Lady Di was taken to Chuckster's son Harold's garage yesterday for his estimate and review. Pretty sure we can get petty close to insurance company payout. I installed spare tire and drove R on and off trailer and a bit at Harold's so I think steering and suspension are OK. Bed cover still not fully closed so could not try to open roof, but gaps all round look normal. Just crossing my fingers on possible hidden damage. Thanks for all your ideas and thoughts.

Fingers and Toes Crossed for Lady Di.

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
30,120 Posts
41 - 57 of 57 Posts