Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work with a bunch of young "whipper-snapper" tuners that drive and customize the Honda, Eclipse, Accura style of car. When I got my truck 3 weeks ago and they all got through oohing and aahing over it one of them offered to instal Lambo doors for me.
This brought up an interesting question. Has anyone ever seen an SSR with vertical doors? (There is a company out there that makes a hinge kit for the SSR)
I'd never do it but just thought I'd ask.:eek :eek :eek :eek
Ron

·
Yes, I have an ATTITUDE !
1,678 Posts
Kits

the kits I saw at sema were 2 kinds
Universal
Corvette

The reason....vettes are direct bolt on application due to fiberglass
the other is a weld in application

First you remove your front fender, take off top door hinge, bolt hinge to door, weld to framework under fender, next remove lower hinge and disguard it.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
I think the window drop down system would create a big problem. I did just see them on a 350Z at a custom auto show. The Z does have the same type of drop down system.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I looked at them for my wifes PT and decided not to get them. They are just a wow factor. They are difficult to opperate and if you don't open and close them just right you can scrape or dent things. The ones I looked at you opened the door about 6" while pushing down on it so it wouldn't come up then when you have cleared the body you let the door rise and then when it is up you pull it back toward the car.:cool :cool

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with you.:agree It's the novelty and it ain't cheap.
One of the "tuner guys" I work with has them on a Mitsubishi Spyder (convertible) and they don't look like they're very convenient 'cause they don't swing up that far.:nodno They're in the way when you try to exit the vehicle.
Don't think they're for me. I was just curious to see if anyone had tried it yet.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Posting To This Site Is Confusing

OKAY,
CAN WE HAVE ALL THE WEBSITES FOR ACCESSORIES/SERVICE /WARRANTIES/ETC SOMEHOW SET UP IN ONE LOCATION.
AND
HOW MANY OF US ARE GETTING AN ODD NOISE IN THE AC/HEATING BLOWERS/
THAT BE THE ONLY PROBLEM I'VE ENCOUNTERED ON MY 2003 SSR.
THAT AND NO BEER HOLDER!!
CORONADAN:jester

·
I'm not cool...
2,096 Posts
"search"

or ask, most fanatics are friendly and helpful:D
if you type "ac heater blower" it will show some threads to look through:smash
funny I've got 2 beer holders:flag
p.s. I put my summer rims&tires back on today:cool

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
I was in a Magnum with Lambo doors - don't much like them.

All the hinging is happening on one pivot point instead of two - lots of leverage on one spot. Then you need to push the door out before it can go up, and it actually makes getting out more difficult. I'll happily stick with the stock setup.

Ray

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
mikepowell said:
funny I've got 2 beer holders:flag :cool

I've got two also, 3 if the wife happens to come along:seeya

(Beer strictly used for NON-DRIVING times!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts