Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We now have two options to tour the LCC. Below is an e-mail from [email protected] that was received today. I'm hoping that for some of you that cannot attend the March 2nd tour that this will accomodate you.
Please let me know if any of you can attend this tour. Donnysan and I will probably split the tours so one of us can be at each.

I know that these dates are not what most of you wanted. But this is a good thing. :) Please send me info ASAP and state which tour date you would like.

Debbie,

The plant has come back to me with the following proposal. They will do
a tour on two dates:.

1. Feb 27th is the one they would like to do for the majority of your
members.

2. March 2nd they also will do for those who have already made
reservations, or who just can't make it on Feb 27th.

Again, they are trying to keep from running the tour too close to the
production end date, since some operations may not be running, like body
welding.

I hope this makes it possible for more of you to attend. Keep in touch.

Regards:
Robert S. Fitzgerald

·
Registered
374 Posts
Two tours and two dates

One is a Monday so you can have travel on the weekend. Just let hotrodgirl know which one you are going to attend along with your other information. I'm going to shoot for the 27th so she can go on the 2nd.

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Some one please let n29we know of this date. His new SSr will be built out on this day. He may be able to see it on the line there. He lives in Ct. I have been to Bowling Green many many times to see my Corvettes built and its a whole lot of fun. Im glad we finally got a day where more of our members will be able to attend. The 27th however is not a day I can attend :cry but im sure it will work much better for the many instead of just for a select few. This will be a treasured moment in time so I encourage as many members to take the time and go because in a few weeks what you will see will never happen again and a page in automotive history will close forever. I hope GM will let photos be taken so those of us that can't attend will be able to share in the moment. :)

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PM Sent

Ricochet said:
Some one please let n29we know of this date. His new SSr will be built out on this day. He may be able to see it on the line there. He lives in Ct. I have been to Bowling Green many many times to see my Corvettes built and its a whole lot of fun. Im glad we finally got a day where more of our members will be able to attend. The 27th however is not a day I can come but im sure it will work much better for the many instead of just for a select few. :)

PM sent to n29we to let him know about the new date.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Update

Update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As of right now we have......

(3) Attending the Feb 27th date

(25) Attending the March 2nd date

The above numbers do include guests.

I will not show a list of names yet. I am waiting on information that is still missing and need to allow time for Fanatic members to choose the dates.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Early Morning

Ricochet said:
Deb, What time of day are these tours taking place?
In the frist e-mail from Robert ....
Suggest we get to the plant at 9:00AM - meet at the guard shack, and start
tour at 9:30AM. I will send maps to those who need them.

Still waiting on the details of the plant tour. Robert said he will get back with me soon.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Be Back Soon

I will be leaving shorlty to visit with Dad. I have emptied out my PM box so I don't miss anyone who will be replying to the LCC tours.

I'll check PM'S after 9:00 p.m.

Deb

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,105 Posts
Ricochet,

Will you be in the Monday group? I hope to meet you.

I like the Monday tour idea much better. It will be a lot easier to travel to Detroit on Sunday, spend the night and then come back to Phoenix on Monday evening. The Thursday tour was really gonna hurt me to get there and back.

Mike

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Date?

rhobbel said:
Looking forward to meeting you and finding out more on your Mirror Turn Signal See you on the 2nd ---------Ray

OK Ray...I have you down for the March 2nd tour. Please let me know if you are going on the 27th instead.

No pressure just don't want to book you on the wrong date. I won't get any beads at all if that happens :lol :lol

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Ooops!

hotrodgirl said:
OK Ray...I have you down for the March 2nd tour. Please let me know if you are going on the 27th instead.

No pressure just don't want to book you on the wrong date. I won't get any beads at all if that happens :lol :lol
Guess I should have looked at a calendar I was thinking March 2nd was a Monday
Deb your right Im in for the 2nd (Thursday) With beads!!
Sorry Mike have to meet you another time.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Date

rhobbel said:
Guess I should have looked at a calendar I was thinking March 2nd was a Monday
Deb your right Im in for the 2nd (Thursday) With beads!!
Sorry Mike have to meet you another time.

Looks like I may be there for both....remember when I said no pressure....just pick whichever date is good for you :) You've already met me.

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Mike in AZ said:
Ricochet,

Will you be in the Monday group? I hope to meet you.

I like the Monday tour idea much better. It will be a lot easier to travel to Detroit on Sunday, spend the night and then come back to Phoenix on Monday evening. The Thursday tour was really gonna hurt me to get there and back.

Mike
No, Im heart broken not to be able to be there but I have a work conflict on the 27th. I would have been able to go the following Monday but that's another matter :rolleyes: . I work on the Fox Television series "Prison Break" and I have an important production meeting that day that I just can't get out of. I sure would have liked meeting you and the many others here. :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Prison Break

We love Prison Break and can't wait for it's March return!

Looks like it will be up against apprentice on Mondays

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
We will soon start production of the final episode for the season. I just read the script :eek and its a good one. Fox has not officially picked the show up for another season but all indcations are that they will. We sure hope so. It looks like the show will be made only half the season in Chicago next year then move to LA. :mad

1 - 20 of 71 Posts