Chevy SSR Forum banner

Which of the following dates would you like to tour the Lansing Craft Center?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lansing Craft Center Tour has been APPROVED!!!

OK folks........this is a poll to see what dates are good for many of you and how many are planning on coming. This poll will only run for 3-4 days as we are on a time schedule for picking the date of the Lansing Craft Center Tour.

Please refer to the Lansing Craft Center Tour has been APPROVED!!! link below for more information....

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8520

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
would there be more than one tour a day? Do you know if it will be am or pm tour! I am checking flight costs to see if I can still do this. a month ago it was $300 How far is Flint from Lansing?

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tour Days

wildcat66 said:
would there be more than one tour a day? Do you know if it will be am or pm tour! I am checking flight costs to see if I can still do this. a month ago it was $300 How far is Flint from Lansing?

wildcat66 ......as of right now it is only one day according to the letter. However, depending on if we exceed the 50 max.....Donnysan and I are going to try for two days. I'm sure they are only AM tours.

Flint to Lansing is a pretty good ride. I would probably suggest flying into DTW (Detroit) from there it is about a 1 1/2 drive.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Flint to Lansing is about a 1 hour and 10 min
Grand Rapids is also about 1 hour and 10 min
Detroit is about 1 hour and 45 min to 2 hours depending on traffic
the Lansing airport is only 10 min from the plant.
I've used all these airports when I lived Lansing.
Detroit metro is the worst one to get in and out of do to the traffic.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please Remember

Please Remember if you are planning on attending....

PM me your info your name (first and last), name of SSR friend(s) coming with you, home address, email address for confirmation, and the year and color of your SSR.

·
Aqua Blur SSR Pit Crew
337 Posts
I'm checking my schedule now but my new 06 is being built the week of the 27th. I'd love to see it being built so my vote is for last week of Feb / beginning of March.

Jim Olson
n29we
05 Aqua Blur
06 being built the week of Feb 27th
[email protected]

·
Registered
41 Posts
March 2nd

I hope you guys know it was suggested that the March 2nd be the day. I already got my flights from California to come on the red eye to make the March 2nd tour. See you guys then.

Sandy

2006 SSR Pacific Blue 6 speed
2002 Candy Red Prowler with Trailer
1982 Delorean
1975 Bricklin SV-1

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
bigmanortho1 said:
I hope you guys know it was suggested that the March 2nd be the day. I already got my flights from California to come on the red eye to make the March 2nd tour. See you guys then.

Sandy

1982 Delorean
1975 Bricklin SV-1
Gosh, I sure hope your tickets are the changeable type...:seeya

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
March 2nd Was not set in stone

bigmanortho1 said:

Sandy

1982 Delorean
1975 Bricklin SV-1

bigmanortho1 March 2nd was only a suggestion date. This date was not set in stone. We new many would have to travel in. In order to set the date we needed to do a poll to find out what would be the best day for as many SSR members as possible. I believe this information was posted on the Lansing Craft Center Tour has been APPROVED thread. The date will be set this weekend.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PM's Sent

Below is a list of SSR Fanatics who have sent me the required information as stated below....

PM me your info your name (first and last), name of SSR friend(s) coming with you, home address, email address for confirmation, and the year and color of your SSR.

Donnysan
HotRodGirl
SS My R
Patrol
Mike in AZ
fourhounds
BIG JIM
wwooddyy
ssr blur
REBEL
n29we
hot-rod
StepPrinting
wingrider
Redline
circlek454
Motordoctor

Many of you have voted in the poll but have not completed the above steps. If you do not see your name in the above list. Please send the required information ASAP. This poll will be ending Sunday. We need to contact Robert at GM promptly with the required info and the final date.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bring Back

hotrodgirl said:
Below is a list of SSR Fanatics who have sent me the required information as stated below....

Donnysan
HotRodGirl
SS My R
Patrol
Mike in AZ
fourhounds
BIG JIM
wwooddyy
ssr blur
REBEL
n29we
hot-rod
StepPrinting
wingrider
Redline
circlek454
Motordoctor

Many of you have voted in the poll but have not completed the above steps. If you do not see your name in the above list. Please send the required information ASAP. This poll will be ending Sunday. We need to contact Robert at GM promptly with the required info and the final date.
BUMP

·
Registered
8 Posts
March 2nd

There might be some confusion as to when the tour is planned.
Robert Fitzgerald from GM Global Manufacturing/Planning has setup the tour on GM's preferred date of March 2nd. He know's it doesn't work for everybody but it works for the Lansing Craft Centre and it is only for SSR owners. He told me this just a couple of days ago.
He wants all who can attend to arrive at the gate at 9 AM to begin a 9:30 tour.
The Lansing Craft Centre is being pressed on time to finish the production run and they can only do a tour, no lunch or any other activities.
He can take up to 50 people on this tour.
I would suggest we all focus to try and attend and if we can get a head count to give to Bob, it would be helpful.
I have been working with Bob to even make this happen. I will be arriving on the red eye from San Francisco that morning into Detroit. It will be nice to have a good turnout from our group to say thank you to the workers. Go SSR!:thumbs

Sandy Bigman
2006 Pacific Blue Metallic SSR 6 speed with chrome!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Body Buildout

Robert Fitzgerald just emailed me and said another reason March 2nd will work is the plant is closing out the body buildout and that date will insure we can see all the work in putting the body together. Let's make it happen because it will be the only date for us to see the car being built. Also pictures are not allowed but they maybe able to take pictures and mail them to us. Bob is working on that as we speak.

Sandy:thumbs

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
I'm so confused all I can say is bump. So I take it the poll is null and void?

:banghead :banghead :banghead

Now I see why they call GM the General! To many Generals.​

1 - 20 of 63 Posts