Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Todays email:

Debbie, Donnie, & Dr. Brown

I have gotten approval from the Lansing Craft Centre for a tour!

This is how the plant suggests we proceed: Generally speaking the plant is
ok with giving a tour to SSR owners & friends. The restrictions on this,
given all the plant is trying to do in such a short time period (production
build out & related issues) are: Tour only -- can't accomodate a
luncheon or other activities. The Body Shop will build out on or about
March 8th so if we want to see the place running it needs to be before that
date.

General Assembly will build out March 16th. They have an all people
meeting on the 3rd so that date is out. Therefore, the best dates for the
plant and for you to see production running are:Feb 28th, March 1st,
March 2nd, March 6th. or March 7th. These dates would allow for a good
tour of the place with it still running in most areas. They can handle a
smaller group easier so would ask that you not distribute this to too
widely, and try to keep the numbers to a max of 50.

Since we have to pick only one day, I suggest we do it fairly quickly. I
'd like to suggest we try for March 2nd. We have to select only one of
those dates, so please let me know soon if March 2nd. will work for you.
Suggest we get to the plant at 9:00AM - meet at the guard shack, and start
tour at 9:30AM. I will send maps to those who need them.

For starters - can each of you let me know the names of SSR owners &
friends that you know will attend on March 2nd? I'd also like to get
along with their names, their home address, e-mail address and the year &
color of their SSR. We'd like to keep the number to a maximum of 50.

I will confirm with an e-mail to each person that signs up through you or
directly through me. (It would help me, if each of you can just send me
the information from those that will be coming with you or from your
groups).

Thanks again for your interest and support of the SSR.

PS: I have jury duty starting tomorrow, (max of 3-4 days), so I may be a
bit late in responding, but will catch up soon.

___________________-


Okay. the 2nd is fine, but I have to be in Pittsburgh on Monday the 6th for union business.... it may be difficult for me to be present on the 2nd, though I am going to try...... very hard!

What I need is somebody to step up and co-ringlead this event, somebody who can take up the names of owners and friends who will be attending from here and send them on to Robert at GM to get on the tour list. Somebody who will, definitely, no doubt about it, be there on the 2nd to shepherd our Fanatic delegation around in case I'm not there.

If you are going, please PM me with your information (don't forget email address for confirmation) and I will send it on!

Whoo hoo! It's on people!!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,141 Posts
CRAP, I can't go that early in March....:cry

I could do the 6th maybe it would make it easier for people coming a distance to arrive on Saturday or Sunday tour on Monday then drive/fly home Monday night. Don't you think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ricochet said:
CRAP, I can't go that early in March....:cry

I could do the 6th maybe it would make it easier for people coming a distance to arrive on Sunday tour on Monday then drive home Monday night. Don't you think?
The 6th is logical, but it would bump me out. Have to be in Pittsburgh that day.

As you can see, the date is fluid. There's a good argument for a Monday tour.

Sounds like a good idea for POLL, eh Ricochet (hint hint)?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SS My R said:
So does this mean the 6th is out of the question?


:seeya :seeya :seeya​

NO! Robert only suggested the 2nd, as you seek, any of the dates are okay. If we would prefer the 6th, I'm sure that would not be a problem... especially since some of us need to travel some distance.
 

·
Boop Op A Doop
Joined
·
30,422 Posts
Whoo hoo!

Okay. the 2nd is fine, but I have to be in Pittsburgh on Monday the 5th for union business.... it may be difficult for me to be present on the 2nd, though I am going to try...... very hard!

What I need is somebody to step up and co-ringlead this event, somebody who can take up the names of owners and friends who will be attending from here and send them on to Robert at GM to get on the tour list. Somebody who will, definitely, no doubt about it, be there on the 2nd to shepherd our Fanatic delegation around in case I'm not there.

If you are going, please PM me with your information (don't forget email address for confirmation) and I will send it on!

Whoo hoo! It's on people!!!
Donnysan this is great news! I would be happy to step up and be the ringleader for this event. I can be there on the 2nd. Reading the letter March 2nd sounds like it is only a suggestion. Looks like we can still consider March 6th or 7th. This was going to be my biggest fear was that SSR Fanatics traveling in would not have enough time. I suggest we get a poll going now to see how many will be able to attend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hotrodgirl said:
Donnysan this is great news! I would be happy to step up and be the ringleader for this event. I can be there on the 2nd. Reading the letter March 2nd sounds like it is only a suggestion. Looks like we can still consider March 6th ot 7th. This was going to be my biggest fear was that SSR Fanatics traveling in would not have enough time. I suggest we get a poll going now to see how many will be able to attend.
Okay, you are hereby deputised!

I'll forward on to you all attendees that I collect, and let you be the contact person with Robert so we don't duplicate things.

I like the poll idea on numbers. Looks like we need to keep our share to 50.

Remember folks, hotrodgirl will need to know your name (first and last), name of SSR friend(s) coming with you, home address, email address for confirmation, and the year and color of your SSR.

One other thing to work out.... Though you can fly into Lansing airport, is it feasable to get ground transportation from Detroit airport? The air fare to Detroit is amazingly low on Southwest right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,099 Posts
airfare

Donnysan said:
Okay, you are hereby deputised!

I'll forward on to you all attendees that I collect, and let you be the contact person with Robert so we don't duplicate things.

I like the poll idea on numbers. Looks like we need to keep our share to 50.

Remember folks, hotrodgirl will need to know your name (first and last) and email address for confirmation.

One other thing to work out.... Though you can fly into Lansing airport, is it feasable to get ground transportation from Detroit airport? The air fare to Detroit is amazingly low on Southwest right now.
Yes detroit is better priced by air:agree
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,099 Posts
bumped

Donnysan said:
Todays email:

Debbie, Donnie, & Dr. Brown

I have gotten approval from the Lansing Craft Centre for a tour!

This is how the plant suggests we proceed: Generally speaking the plant is
ok with giving a tour to SSR owners & friends. The restrictions on this,
given all the plant is trying to do in such a short time period (production
build out & related issues) are: Tour only -- can't accomodate a
luncheon or other activities. The Body Shop will build out on or about
March 8th so if we want to see the place running it needs to be before that
date.

General Assembly will build out March 16th. They have an all people
meeting on the 3rd so that date is out. Therefore, the best dates for the
plant and for you to see production running are:Feb 28th, March 1st,
March 2nd, March 6th. or March 7th. These dates would allow for a good
tour of the place with it still running in most areas. They can handle a
smaller group easier so would ask that you not distribute this to too
widely, and try to keep the numbers to a max of 50.

Since we have to pick only one day, I suggest we do it fairly quickly. I
'd like to suggest we try for March 2nd. We have to select only one of
those dates, so please let me know soon if March 2nd. will work for you.
Suggest we get to the plant at 9:00AM - meet at the guard shack, and start
tour at 9:30AM. I will send maps to those who need them.

For starters - can each of you let me know the names of SSR owners &
friends that you know will attend on March 2nd? I'd also like to get
along with their names, their home address, e-mail address and the year &
color of their SSR. We'd like to keep the number to a maximum of 50.

I will confirm with an e-mail to each person that signs up through you or
directly through me. (It would help me, if each of you can just send me
the information from those that will be coming with you or from your
groups).

Thanks again for your interest and support of the SSR.

PS: I have jury duty starting tomorrow, (max of 3-4 days), so I may be a
bit late in responding, but will catch up soon.

___________________-


Okay. the 2nd is fine, but I have to be in Pittsburgh on Monday the 5th for union business.... it may be difficult for me to be present on the 2nd, though I am going to try...... very hard!

What I need is somebody to step up and co-ringlead this event, somebody who can take up the names of owners and friends who will be attending from here and send them on to Robert at GM to get on the tour list. Somebody who will, definitely, no doubt about it, be there on the 2nd to shepherd our Fanatic delegation around in case I'm not there.

If you are going, please PM me with your information (don't forget email address for confirmation) and I will send it on!

Whoo hoo! It's on people!!!
OH YAHHHH
 

·
Boop Op A Doop
Joined
·
30,422 Posts
Send info

SS My R said:
So who do we send the info to?

:smash :banghead :smash :banghead :smash :banghead​

Remember folks, hotrodgirl will need to know your name (first and last), name of SSR friend(s) coming with you, home address, email address for confirmation, and the year and color of your SSR.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,638 Posts
hotrodgirl said:
Remember folks, hotrodgirl will need to know your name (first and last), name of SSR friend(s) coming with you, home address, email address for confirmation, and the year and color of your SSR.
Did the PM thing to you.
 

·
Boop Op A Doop
Joined
·
30,422 Posts
Got It...Send Info to HotRodGirl

SS My R said:
Did the PM thing to you.
OK Folks anyone wanting to attend please send me the info... your name (first and last), name of SSR friend(s) coming with you, home address, email address for confirmation, and the year and color of your SSR.
I will be keeping an excel spread sheet that I will the then forward to Robert at GM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Tour

I have a 2006 that is being built this or next week and would love to attend a tour we are in Alberta Canada and would fly in of course. I need alot of info who do I call or e-mail for more info, is it a all day tour or only a quick 1/2hr thing please let me know. Thanks Andy Perrotta e-mail or call 780-831-8900
 

·
Boop Op A Doop
Joined
·
30,422 Posts
Info

andygp said:
I have a 2006 that is being built this or next week and would love to attend a tour we are in Alberta Canada and would fly in of course. I need alot of info who do I call or e-mail for more info, is it a all day tour or only a quick 1/2hr thing please let me know. Thanks Andy Perrotta e-mail or call 780-831-8900

andygp........PM me your info your name (first and last), name of SSR friend(s) coming with you, home address, email address for confirmation, and the year and color of your SSR. We are uncertain of the date as of yet. The tour will only be 20 minutes. I will be looking into planning something for early afternoon or later that evening. My Cell # is 586 215-4152 should you need any further assistance.

Deb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
March 2nd

March 2nd works. I am coming out from California on the red eye. Will be there at 9 am! Two people.
Sandy Bigman and Janet Banner, owner of 2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed.
 

·
Boop Op A Doop
Joined
·
30,422 Posts
Date Not Set Yet

Please be advised.........we have not confirmed the date as of yet. I will be starting a poll shortly to see what dates will work well for most. March 2nd is not a set in stone date.
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top