Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have lived 62 years now and I am very thankful for many things in my life,my
true introduction to GOD thru my wife of (41yrs and still going strong) my earth angel (Toni) and all the wonderful souls I have met and now can call friends!
The most beautiful thing we as human beings can do for ourselves is create and
in the process meet people who give us the divine honor of viewing their creative
gifts: Gm got a spark some five six years ago to build this very unique vehicle that
captured the imagination and hearts of most all the GM top brass,at least enough
to vote the majority to go ahead with this bold venture.The major car shows
exposing the concept (SSR) reflected a huge and exciting interest in our babies.
I am guessing here,but I think the folks who promoted the SSR were a bit
over passionate relative to the volume of sales forcast and the bean counter
brass,who always sit in with all decisions were probablly against the project?!
With all that has gone on in the world(War,fuel prices,lost jobs ETC.)these pesky bastards couldn't wait to say I told you so,it justs adds up!
The truth is that the SSR is awesome and is a very fantastic creation with the
advent of corvette powertrain etc. and more of us driving down the hiways and byways the SSR is very much a desired vehicle and most unique at that!The
deep appreciation that is shown on this website bears this truth!The gentleman that provided us with the comparison sales volume numbers was not only interesting to know,but it also shows the sale volume for the SSR is very respectable!If GM expected this car to sell like a camaro or chevy 1500 pickup
short box regular cab, they were kidding themselves?!Bottom line here is Let's
all support the SSR and let chevy know they have a winner,just let it grow and
get better with age like most all of us who own them!:)Keep the SSR alive!!::thumbs

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Hal Mawrence said:
I have lived 62 years now and I am very thankful for many things in my life,my
true introduction to GOD thru my wife of (41yrs and still going strong) my earth angel (Toni) and all the wonderful souls I have met and now can call friends!
The most beautiful thing we as human beings can do for ourselves is create and
in the process meet people who give us the divine honor of viewing their creative
gifts: Gm got a spark some five six years ago to build this very unique vehicle that
captured the imagination and hearts of most all the GM top brass,at least enough
to vote the majority to go ahead with this bold venture.The major car shows
exposing the concept (SSR) reflected a huge and exciting interest in our babies.
I am guessing here,but I think the folks who promoted the SSR were a bit
over passionate relative to the volume of sales forcast and the bean counter
brass,who always sit in with all decisions were probablly against the project?!
With all that has gone on in the world(War,fuel prices,lost jobs ETC.)these pesky bastards couldn't wait to say I told you so,it justs adds up!
The truth is that the SSR is awesome and is a very fantastic creation with the
advent of corvette powertrain etc. and more of us driving down the hiways and byways the SSR is very much a desired vehicle and most unique at that!The
deep appreciation that is shown on this website bears this truth!The gentleman that provided us with the comparison sales volume numbers was not only interesting to know,but it also shows the sale volume for the SSR is very respectable!If GM expected this car to sell like a camaro or chevy 1500 pickup
get better with age like most all of us who own them!:)Keep the SSR alive!!::thumbs
Oh Yes :agree

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Support the SSR

The truth is that the SSR is awesome and is a very fantastic creation with the advent of corvette powertrain etc. and more of us driving down the hiways and byways the SSR is very much a desired vehicle and most unique at that!The
get better with age like most all of us who own them!Keep the SSR alive!!::thumbs

WOW....you did hit the nail on the head. Couldn't have been said at a better time. I will keep this statement in my mind when attending the Lansing Craft Center Tour. :thumbs

·
Premium Member
6,384 Posts
:agree I agree 110% with the above posts. Could someone also find the post by one of our members that goes something like this; " I've built and owned many hot rods in my day and the SSR is more enjoyable then all of them. Also he stated the SSR is the most misunderstood production vehicle ever built".

:yesnod :ssr

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Just think if the GM brass 50 years ago had gone on the original corvette sales we wouldn't have them around today, guess sometimes some folks cannot see the forest for the trees.:sleep :sleep :sleep

1 - 8 of 8 Posts