Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still have the originals on the SSR so was getting prices from a local tire shop that I use. He was looking for the tires and said there is only two rears left in the U.S. They were located in Tampa and had him call to find out date code on them.

Called me back later and told me 11-17 so ordered them. Plenty of fronts around and got newer dates for those. $1140 out the door with road force and possibly a rebate. He is talking to Goodyear.

Get them on next week and rest easy as I know the age of these current tires is making them questionable.

·
Spirited driver!
1,770 Posts
I have a spare one if somebody is looking...

·
Registered
248 Posts
xoxoxoBruce, i think he got all four.

lakecat, that is about $200 less than I paid at Goodyear.
Looks like you did good.

·
SSR Pit Crew
13,264 Posts
Just put set of four Goodyear RSA tires on.

$1025.00 for ALL four, delivered to my home.

Then install and balance.

Dicktator

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
3,002 Posts
Getting continentals installed today. $1000.50 installed and road force balanced.

·
Premium Member
1,899 Posts
Lakecat98....you’ll probably let those new RSAs dry rot like the ones on your R now! Pulling in and out of the garage six times doe not mean you were on a “ road trip”.....? Miss that smiling face.... Also....can I use your R to haul some gravel when you get those new skins??

OLDxR
Dane

·
Premium Member
7,469 Posts
Still have the originals on the SSR so was getting prices from a local tire shop that I use. He was looking for the tires and said there is only two rears left in the U.S. They were located in Tampa and had him call to find out date code on them.

Called me back later and told me 11-17 so ordered them. Plenty of fronts around and got newer dates for those. $1140 out the door with road force and possibly a rebate. He is talking to Goodyear.

Get them on next week and rest easy as I know the age of these current tires is making them questionable.
Just called Bud's Tire Pros, said their internet show's 4 Goodyear RSA's (295-40-20) left. $360 out the door per tire. tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
7,469 Posts
Lakecat98....you’ll probably let those new RSAs dry rot like the ones on your R now! Pulling in and out of the garage six times doe not mean you were on a “ road trip”.....? Miss that smiling face.... Also....can I use your R to haul some gravel when you get those new skins??

OLDxR
Dane
Somebody's always wanting to borrow mine to haul mulch in. Man, I got wall to wall carpet ... tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Registered
459 Posts
I got all 4 fires from discount tire for out the door $1438.06
2 255/45 r19 gdy eagle rsa
2 p 295/40 r20 gdy eadle rsa

look some more
Jim :blur:

3-14-2018

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
xoxoxoBruce, i think he got all four.

lakecat, that is about $200 less than I paid at Goodyear.
Looks like you did good.
Thanks!...and yes....for all four....lol....and installed and road force..and still maybe a rebate....we will see.

OLDxR
Dane
Dane...it was eight times I pulled it in and out....and I told ya before....all I haul is ass....:) Will be over soon....

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just called Bud's Tire Pros, said their internet show's 4 Goodyear RSA's (295-40-20) left. $360 out the door per tire. tennesseecozydog :ssr
Weird...was just going by what he found. The fronts are plentiful and were local but the rears have to come up from Tampa. That is the price that was quoted me also.

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got the tires on this week and the guys there did a terrific job in being very careful with the wheels. They went ga-ga over the SSR and wanted a picture of it to put in their advertising...:)
The old Goodyears were still in relative good shape for early 05 dates. Had 18K on them but insides were fine and no cracking anywhere...but good to be safe anyways. There was a Nexen tire on rear that was a replacement in 2014 I would guess as that is the date code on it. I did keep it but not sure what to do with it. The guys there said it is a very good tire. Can't have but 2K on it at most.

Road forcing the wheels was a must I see. The rears were near perfect but fronts had to have tires spun 180 degrees after testing. These guys were very cool and let me drive it onto rack and let me hang out and watch. They asked many questions about the SSR and said it had been a very long time since one was in.

Outside parked after getting tires was a collector 1980's New York Checker cab....all original and mint that a local guy had here. I have never seen it but was a neat vehicle to check out. Huge back seat and flip out seat for little kids.

The ride back on the Goodyears was very nice and they had the air at 30psi. When I said it shows 44psi on tire, he showed me the sticker inside my door that says to run 30psi. Is that what you guys run?

·
Registered
3 Posts
New Tire Purchase (all season option)

Don't see this particular setup recommended on this site yet..but I'm extremely happy:

Front Tires:
255/40ZR-19 CONTINENTAL EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 XL

Rear Tires:
315/35ZR-20 CONTINENTAL EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 XL

·
Premium Member
4,463 Posts
I think I will get one more summer out of the one set of Pilot SS. They have come out with an update SS 4's, but don't have the rear size as of yet. I have to take the ones off the Ferrari

I am going to take the satins and Goodyears off for the summer this weekend and put the Michelins on with the black wheels.

I am going to check on the "road force balance". I don't know of anyone in our area that does that.

IMO if you are going with new tires go ahead and get the wheels aligned to the updated "zero specs"

Happy cruising.

Dave

·
Premium Member
2004 SSR
1,382 Posts
Price ? $$$

:black: :smile2:
Hey Scott! I just bought a set of the DWS06 Extreme Contacts. I went stock rear size (295/40-20) and 255/40-19 front. CDN$1430 installed. Still waiting on one wheel to come back from the refinished, so sitting on 3 right now...

·
it's 5 o'clock somewhere!
16,305 Posts
Got the tires on this week

The ride back on the Goodyears was very nice and they had the air at 30psi. When I said it shows 44psi on tire, he showed me the sticker inside my door that says to run 30psi. Is that what you guys run?
always go with the door jam sticker. Unless you're running whitewalls then gotta amp it up, way up.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts