Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess I take the prize for the time being. Picked up my '05 Redline Red SSR at about 7:00 p.m. tonight. Quickly got it in the garage and started adjusting the DIC, etc. You folks have been real helpful in getting me ready for this vehicle - the info is superb and all the folks seem real helpful. I just got rid of an SLK32
and am still a charter member of the C5Registry so I was a bit concerned about how the folks in this forum would be - no disappointment . Hopefully I'll start contributing rather than taking but I sure appreciate the fact you folks are here.
Look forward to being part of the group.
Regards
Les

·
Registered
413 Posts
welcome

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,782 Posts
Congrats, c5...welcome to the family

This is a great site w/great people from all walks of life. If you have a question, they know the answer...or know where to get it.

Where in Florida??

P/P

Peace :flag

·
Registered
111 Posts
c5gold said:
Guess I take the prize for the time being. Picked up my '05 Redline Red SSR at about 7:00 p.m. tonight. Quickly got it in the garage and started adjusting the DIC, etc. You folks have been real helpful in getting me ready for this vehicle - the info is superb and all the folks seem real helpful. I just got rid of an SLK32
and am still a charter member of the C5Registry so I was a bit concerned about how the folks in this forum would be - no disappointment . Hopefully I'll start contributing rather than taking but I sure appreciate the fact you folks are here.
Look forward to being part of the group.
Regards
Les
Enjoy! I spent a lot of time with my DIC the first week-end too!

Good luck!!!!!

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Bill Bogert said:
Enjoy! I spent a lot of time with my DIC the first week-end too!

Good luck!!!!!
I thought you were supposed to spend a lot of time with the SSR :lol :lol :lol
sorry I couldn't resist that one. :angel :jester

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
P/p

Purple Penelope said:
This is a great site w/great people from all walks of life. If you have a question, they know the answer...or know where to get it.

Where in Florida??

P/P

Lake Worth or North Hutchinson Island.
Where are you ??
c5gold

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wildcat66 said:

In hindsight (no pun intended) I really waked into that one.
Thanks for keeping it light........
See ya

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
I like coming to this web site because I can read responses from people that are almost as nutz as me. When I picked up my SSR, the sales guy was all prepared to do a check out and go over all the controls and options. He was kind of miffed when I refused to let him tell me anything about the car or even open the hood and show me how to check the oil.

I got to spend an absolutely glorious saturday afternoon in my garage exploring all the options and discovering all the surprises Chevy put into the SSR for me. I feel like I got my money's worth the first day and every day since has been a bonus. I LOVE MY SSR.

My first love is my 68 Jeepster Convertible. Still beautiful after all these years, but kind of cantankerous, moody, and demanding. I can't help but smile when I drive around in my new "trophy car". Life is good.

Texster68

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,782 Posts
c5gold said:
Lake Worth or North Hutchinson Island.
Where are you ??
c5gold
c5...I'm in the Panhandle...Ft. Walton Beach. My daughter lives in Port St. Lucie. Get down there 3-4 times a year, when my wifes urges to see the grandkids have to be satisfied. :seeya

P/P

·
Registered
371 Posts
Welcome c5gold! Great forum and great people here! I spend a lot of time laughing at some of the stories and fun we all have here. Especially Marc and Buffy! It is OK to spend more time with your SSR than anything else! Sometimes I just go and sit on the steps in my garage and just stare at mine, after 3 months of ownership I still can't believe I own one! Have FUN with it and the people you meet while driving around! A great way for an introvert like myself to meet new people!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Good One!

wildcat66 said:

You are... it gets tough at times with all of the other demands -:)!

·
Registered
94 Posts
New SSR

Congratulations on your new SSR! I just opened the 1/18 scale slingshot yellow model that I placed on a shelf in my office....if I can't be with the real one that's in the garage during working hours I can at least smile at my model! Have fun! Cleavermodels :)

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,840 Posts
Wild forum here!

living2be said:
Welcome c5gold! Great forum and great people here! I spend a lot of time laughing at some of the stories and fun we all have here. Especially Marc and Buffy!
Welcome
c5gold!

We all have tons of fun in our SSRs but watch out for those wild crazy
ones that own and drive
yellow Slingshots..
see how they act up... and be very carefull because if you miss behave you might be subjected to this kind of treatment -->

Oh yes of course don't forget the wild duo... ... Buffy and Marc
AKA the Adobe Twins who love to play around with photos etc :lol

So come on in and join our gang and enjoy the great entertainment on here ...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Les,
I have been a member of other sites, but the people on this site are sincerely helpful. I can't tell you how much I enjoy this site. ( but there is one guy here that has a real ugly wife)
Ken

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,840 Posts
Ugly can be beautiful

Ken Thurm said:
Les,
... I can't tell you how much I enjoy this site. (but there is one guy here that has a real ugly wife) Ken

Hey Ken,

HINT: Here is a much better way to say that comment ... you should endeavor to be more politically correct. You should try to say ... "her beauty can make time stand still"

Here is one that is slightly less than politically correct... "She has a face that can make a train take a dirt road... " :lol

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Marc NY said:

Hey Ken,

HINT: Here is a much better way to say that comment ... you should endeavor to be more politically correct. You should try to say ... "her beauty can make time stand still"

Here is one that is slightly less than politically correct... "She has a face that can make a train take a dirt road... " :lol
Lets not forget beauty is only skin deep

But ugly goes to the bone!! :lol

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Marc NY said:

Hey Ken,

MARC, MARC, MARC!!!!!
If you're going to steal a joke, at least tell it right! :nono

Good PC: "When I look at her face, time stands still."
Bad PC: "Her face will stop a clock!"

1 - 20 of 27 Posts