Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm going to throw this at all of you as I need some feedback.
We have talked in many posts of doing a picnic in August with the LCC employee's and the SSR Fanatic Members in and around the WDC weekend.

What I have tought about doing is making up an invitation for a picnic to take to the Lansing Craft Center on March 2nd. I will make up 400 to insure that every LCC employee gets one. Obviuosly I won't have all of the details for the picnic but I can use my name and phone number as a contact and reply RSVP to the picnic in August should they be willing to attend.

Now I need to know what your thoughts are and are we willing to do this in August?

Deb

P.S. On arriving at the LCC on March 2nd.....you can be assured that all of you will be represented. I will proudly be there in representing all of you!

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
hotrodgirl said:
I'm going to throw this at all of you as I need some feedback.
We have talked in many posts of doing a picnic in August with the LCC employee's and the SSR Fanatic Members in and around the WDC weekend.

What I have tought about doing is making up and invitation for a picnic to take to the Lansing Craft Center on March 2nd. I will make up 400 to insure that every LCC employee gets one. Obviuosly I won't have all of the details for the picnic but I can use my name and phone number as a contact and reply RSVP to the picnic in August should they be willing to attend.

Now I need to know what your thoughts are and are we willing to do this in August?

Deb

P.S. On arriving at the LCC on March 2nd.....you can be assured that all of you will be represented. I will proudly be there in representing all of you!
:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Will we be hosting this at your house HotRodGirl? hahaha Seriously, though, I am in for some kind of picnic when we arrive in Lansing, prior to hitting the WDC.

Do we have any idea where we can hold the picnic, and costs? What are the chances we can get GM to step and help off-set costs? Or even local Chevrolet companies to help with finances?

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Focks said:
Will we be hosting this at your house HotRodGirl? hahaha Seriously, though, I am in for some kind of picnic when we arrive in Lansing, prior to hitting the WDC.

Do we have any idea where we can hold the picnic, and costs? What are the chances we can get GM to step and help off-set costs? Or even local Chevrolet companies to help with finances?

I would realy like to do a picnic as well. If we get this in motion. I am sure we can obtain help from others. As far as a place....we can find a park. We have several members on this forum whom are from Lansing. Maybe they can direct us on where to have it. Keeping the cost down would be by serving hot dogs,chips,etc. without going overboard. I have planned many class reunions of 500 and more. So I have ways of getting compainies to donate.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sunday August 20th

First on the agenda would be to lock in the date.......the only feasible date for the picnic would be Sunday, August 20th. This would be after the WDC on Friday and Saturday. Holding the picnic on Sunday would assure a good number would turn out. Many traveling in will need to adjust their travel plans in order to attend.

·
A Little BIG JIM
3,351 Posts
Pick a date here we go again

hotrodgirl said:
First on the agenda would be to lock in the date.......the only feasible date for the picnic would be Sunday, August 20th. This would be after the WDC on Friday and Saturday. Holding the picnic on Sunday would assure a good number would turn out. Many traveling in will need to adjust their travel plans in order to attend.

Why dont' we let bigmanorth01 pick the date so we don't have to change it?:glol

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts

To keep the 03 the 06 will have to be bought used in two years. :cry unless there still new ones on the lot.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,196 Posts
I don't like soap

in the mouth, but will step up for $50 also.

Please don't let me hijack your thread, but...
I think a few of us should have a live brainstorming session on March 2nd for about an hour or so. Do you think we can get some GM participation in that session? It would be great to have someone from the PR department involved with this from the beginning.

Mikey

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Brainstorming

Mike in AZ said:
in the mouth, but will step up for $50 also.

Please don't let me hijack your thread, but...
I think a few of us should have a live brainstorming session on March 2nd for about an hour or so. Do you think we can get some GM participation in that session? It would be great to have someone from the PR department involved with this from the beginning.

Mikey

Don't know if we can get some GM participation at the LCC Tour. But I'm willing to brainstom with you. So what do you have in mind?

Mikey you could never hijack one of my threads....I always look forward to what you have to say. :)

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
hotrodgirl said:
Don't know if we can get some GM participation at the LCC Tour. But I'm willing to brainstom with you. So what do you have in mind?

Mikey you could never hijack one of my threads....I always look forward to what you have to say. :)
I bet you could, or maybe Marc could help. Think of the Marketing/PR coup this could mean for GM. :thumbs

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
WDC? OK I give whats WDC? I would love to make it there in August. I might even be stateside by then. :lol

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
WDC Woodward Dream Cruise. Its held in Warren, Michigan. Just hink of it as the Sturgis of Muscle Cars.

A deliteful time, with just you, the SSR Fanatics, and 1.7 million of your closests friends.

Woodward Dream Cruise <~~~ Click IT!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts