Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Donations are no longer being accepted. We raised approximately $1400 for the ads.

Thanks you all for your generosity and support.

Mike

I have contacted the Lansing State Journal to place an ad in the "Local/State" section of the paper to say "Thank You" to the employees at the Craft Centre from all of us.

The Journal has volunteered to help do the creative parts of what the ad will look like and will work with me to get the clearest message possible. I'm gonna have to trust them. The lady was emotionally moved to jump in with us and committed same from her counterpart that will actually place the ad. She said that this is important and that they will help all they can.

The ad will run on both Monday, Feb 27 and Thursday, Mar 2 to coincide with the Fanatics tours. Because of the nature of our visit and the reason for the ad, the Journal is contributing matching funds for whatever space we have funding to buy. They have a community service fund especially for this purpose.

Our portion for a 4" by 2" (both days) is ~$205 total
Our portion for a 4" by 3" (both days) is ~$310 total

You can see where I'm going with this.......

The deadline for contributions is TODAY (Thursday) at 4:00 PM EST.

How big of an ad can we get funding for in 24 hours?

I have made a request for the cost of a half and a full page ad. Will post it when I get it.

Place your $ committments on this thread and I'll keep a list. 22 hours from now, at 4pm EST, I'll forward the dollar amount to the Lansing State Journal. That will set the size of the ad. I have linked paypal with my work e-mail address. Send your paypal contibutions using my work e-mail address [email protected].

OK Boys (and Girls too!!!!).... It's up to you, now....

Mike

:thumbs List of committed and received monies :thumbs
I am connecting your first name to the "rx" for received payment, as I need to be sure I don't get wires crossed-up for those that paypal me. If I get the name crossed up, please PM me with a correction.

Mike in AZ $50 - rx Mike
Big Jim $50 - rx Jim
wildcat66 $15 - rx Machell
Focks $50 - rx Mike
C1Trob $25 - rx Rob
Yaller Dog $20 - rx Joe
Cal Custom $25 - rx Gary
StepPrinting $25 - rx Joe
OP $30 - rx Owen
jim king $20 - rx Jim
SS My R $50 - rx Glynn
parothed97 $25 CDN - rx Dan
Hal Mawrence $50 - rx Hal
SSR6SPD $50 - rx Jeff
Purple Penelope $50 - rx Ed
Kwhopper $25 - rx Keith
KYSSR $50 - rx Ric
siSSliR $25 - rx Steve
SSR71 $50 - rx Kevin
frankmp $10 - rx frank
hotrodgirl $20 - rx Deb
William $25 - rx Bill
FuryKay $50 - rx Kay
JACKWALDROP $20 - rx Jack
Lloger $25 - rx Lloyd
shiftz33 $25 - rx Robert
RoadsterJim $50 - rx Jim
jim_king $20 - rx Jim
6.0TOGO $50 - rx Chuck
coltfanatic $20 - rx Jim
vettegirl $20 - rx Lauren
rhobbel $50 - rx Ray
Nancy24 $15 - rx Nancy
RickSSR $25 - rx Rick
WhereRu $10 - rx Marty
Rebel $25 - rx Ed
Mason57 $25 - rx Mason
Mr. Ping $20 - rx Bill
BlastfromPast $50 - rx Bob
Buffalo $25 - rx Randy
Gina $20 - rx Gina
drbob $20 - rx Bob
Marc NY $50 - rx Marc
JeffDBFL $25 - rx Jeff
T ERNST $25 - rx Ted
Marty $50 - rx Marty

If you don't see an "rx" next to your name, please be patient, as I am updating this every couple hours. Note the edit time and "tallied thru post number".

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Ad

Mike,
I'll throw down for a 25spot right now. Just had to pay out for a paintjob on a new Chin Spoiler, so your getting my exrta bowling money. :lol

Sent on Pay Pal

Rob

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Mike in AZ said:
I'll pony up the first $50.....

How big of an ad can we get funding for in 24 hours?

I have made a request for the cost of a half and a full page ad. Will post it when I get it.

Place your $ committments on this thread and I'll keep a list. 22 hours from now, at 4pm EST, I'll forward the dollar amount to the Lansing State Journal. That will set the size of the ad. I will have a post in this thread about payment options when I get some.

OK boys.... It's up to you, now....

Mike

What about the girls?

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
If the 157 people on here now would pony up $10 each we could get a hell of an ad. Come on people. I am throwing the gauntlet down. Its time to step up!
:flag

:agree

·
Registered
487 Posts
Mike in AZ said:
The Journal has volunteered to help do the creative parts of what the ad will look like........the Journal is contributing matching funds for whatever space we have funding to buy
Mike -
First of all you done good with the negotiating. Any time you can get a 1/2 price ad in any newspaper...well it's just way cool :cool

I would like a High Res PDF of the ad when it is done. See if that can happen when you talk to them. Also - Any parts and pieces The Journal Needs to create the ad, I probably have. Have them contact me directly if they need anything. ([email protected])

Put me down for $25. PayPal works for me....you will see it in the AM

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Count me in. I just sent you a paypal payment for $50.00. Good job and I love my SSR.

:thumbs :thumbs :ssr :ssr :ssr :thumbs :thumbs​

·
2005 SSR LOW MILES
2,234 Posts
Ok Mike I'm In For $50 I Will Send Paypal

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
AD contribution

Hey Mike: Do you think ASC should be included in the AD?! They had,as you know alot to do with the design of our SSR'S! Just a thought! Maybe the CEO might
soften his stand on the chin spoiler design release?! Just kidding about the last part:):lol Hal (kinda)

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Mike...put me down for $50.

P/P (Ed)

Peace:flag

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Hal

I'll get them in there somehow too. Although we are there to visit LCC, they had a lot to do with our trucks. It's hard to be politically correct on all sides, but we will do our best.

When you make a committment on this thread, please sign your post with your first name. It will help me identify the paypal monies.

Thanks all for your support.

Back in a while,

Mike

1 - 20 of 70 Posts