Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here's the deal. I am IN NO WAY trying to duplicate efforts or step on anybody's toes. If ANYBODY has a problem with this, PM me and I'll slam on the brakes.

I have made PRELIMINARY contact regarding a private tour of the LCC prior to final production of the SSR. I've been told the LCC does not do public tours, but a private tour MAY be possible. I am awaiting information if it can happen, and if so, what dates are available, what minimum/maximum group size would be, and any other requirements or restrictions.

This has been done out of my own interest to see the plant while SSR's are in production. If this tour happens, I'm flying up and leaving my SSR here in the unfrozen heart of Dixie.

Again, if there is another effort underway, I will cease and wait for details.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,052 Posts
I'll join you.

Donnysan,

This is exactly what I want to participate in while they are still producing the trucks. Marc NY may be working on something, but I have not heard.

Please include me when you start counting heads. I'll leave my SSR home as well and fly from Phoenix to Detroit to accompany you.

Cost of airline tickets = $450
Cost of lodging and transportation = $175
Seeing the SSR in production = priceless:thumbs

My bags are packed.......

Mike

·
Registered
487 Posts
Donnysan said:
I have made PRELIMINARY contact regarding a private tour of the LCC prior to final production of the SSR. I've been told the LCC does not do public tours, but a private tour MAY be possible. I am awaiting information if it can happen, and if so, what dates are available, what minimum/maximum group size would be, and any other requirements or restrictions.
I was thinking of Publishing a an SSR Coffee Table Style Bound Book and think the LCC should definitely be included. Find out about the possibility of photography of the plant and the workers and some possible interviews with some of the workers as well.

I would also need to leave my SSR at home.....It’s never seen weather and doesn’t know what weather is :D

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Let me know I'll try and go. Not sure if I want to drive Black Tie though. I'd have to see what the weather is like around whatever date is chosen.:seeya

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mike in AZ said:
Donnysan,

This is exactly what I want to participate in while they are still producing the trucks. Marc NY may be working on something, but I have not heard.

Please include me when you start counting heads. I'll leave my SSR home as well and fly from Phoenix to Detroit to accompany you.

Cost of airline tickets = $450
Cost of lodging and transportation = $175
Seeing the SSR in production = priceless:thumbs

My bags are packed.......

Mike
It's not as bad as you think, airline tickets-wise. Check Southwest (www.iflyswa.com) . They show an Internet special Phoenix to Detroit $135 one way.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I would love to do this too, I would also have to leave "susie" at home and fly up! Do they rent SSR at Hertz? :lol

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Effort

Donnysan your effort is greatly appreciated!

Even thou I live here I wouldn't drive my SSR either.... that is unless the weather is fabulous for that day. Count me in if you can make this happen.

·
Premium Member
9,312 Posts
I'd have to fly also - if it's in early March, that's a possibility. I wonder if I could be lucky enough to see mine in production??

Ray

·
Premium Member
9,312 Posts
Nope - I'd have to come down with a hauler - road conditions along the way are not the greatest. Not a big fan of rock chips. Guess I could take delivery there, and have it put back on a hauler for the trip home.

I've already arranged with the dealer to take delivery in Vancouver, and put it in my hauler for the trip through the mountains. The drive through the mountains on an open car hauler is potentially very wet, slimy, salty and sandy.

One thing I really liked at the Corvette Museum was the new Vette nursery, where they parked cars for factory delivery. Nice way to meet your new toy.

Ray

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
Definitly Interested!

I would go in early March...could not go in Feb. I would like to see the plant and thank the workers that built my SSR.

·
OP
8,225 Posts
I'm in

I want to go, probably fly due to weather probabilities.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts