Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Looks really nice, but I wouldn't have the fender skirts

Somehow, they seem to take away from the other good looks......just my opinion. :nono

·
Premium Member
9,313 Posts
If the intent is to go with a leadsled look, the skirts are a big part of it. I'd go with them.

Ray

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Hmmm

If you want to try a couple of variations, I like the thought of the 3/4 skirts. I thinking to try adding them to the front as well or maybe 1/2 in front and 3/4 in the rear. I think that may balance the lines a little more. :thumbs

·
Registered
590 Posts
Mini Skirts

I think mini skirts catch the eye more :reddevil

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks

Thanks for the comments. It is definitely a look that you either prefer or not. I will try a couple of variations and post them when I get done.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Looks good but like most everyone, I would do it a bit different. Rear skirts look good as is but might look better at 3/4 and some smaller variation up front is worth looking at IF it is not too resrictive to tire turning. I would opt for all black wheels and exhaust outlets. Top looks chopped so how would it function? If non-functional, get rid of the lines and make it solid? Funny about the "add some adornments" comment. Someone is missing the point of this "lead" sled and what the lead part means entirely. This is NOT an xmas tree!

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
On eBay now...

Check out this 'sled' on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Bel-Air-150-210-DELIVERY-1951-CHEVROLET-RAT-ROD-PARTS-CAR-SSR-HHR-SS-STREET-ROD_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6160QQitemZ4583204750QQrdZ1

Vehicle Description

This auction is for a 1951 Chevroler sedan delivery LOCATED IN THURMAN,OHIO 45685. If you are looking for a unique winter project OR A ROLLING ADVERTISEMENT look no more. This Sedan Delivery is another unfinished project that I am selling for a friend. Clear Ohio title with actual miles. This car is a rolling chasis. No motor or trans. It is set up for a small block Chevy. It has a 1957 Chevy rear end. The body is nice. There has been panels installed on the front floor. The doors open and shut. The door glass is inside the door. It has extra parts including a right front fender. The tail lights are 58 Chevy but have originals It has had most bodywork completed. It has new rocker panels that need to be installed. The frame is good. There is rust on the filler panel between the rear bumper and body. The rear cross brace has rust. (this is the cross member behind the rear spare tire pan and is an easy fix) There is rust on the grille. Still a nice car after 54 years.

Attachments

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts

This is what I was looking for, before I was SSR'ed. Make a good airbrush shop truck. :thumbs

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
chopped

The top is chopped and I would probably have to make it a fixed roof like the diamondback. It's also obviously lowered to the ground which would definitely require an air ride suspension, but thats the look i was definitely going for. I think keeping it a flat black paint or something simple is the way to go. i will try to get another version out and try to use everyones input by next week.

Thanks again for the input.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts