Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a leak in my R it rained yesterday and my carpet is wet on the passenger side I'm assuming it's the rubber gasket around the door I want to replace the rubber seal all the way around does anyone know where I can get the seal

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,997 Posts
I have a leak in my R it rained yesterday and my carpet is wet on the passenger side I'm assuming it's the rubber gasket around the door I want to replace the rubber seal all the way around does anyone know where I can get the seal
Exactly where is the carpet wet? I have never known a leak to come in past the door seal..... It's usually the seal around the window, above the passenger's shoulder.

Mike

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,997 Posts
Thanks I will check the window seal the whole floor board is wet
Are you saying both sides were wet? Or just the passenger side?

If it is the passenger floorboard, you may have a leak at the cowl area at the base of the windshield, between the windshield and the engine bay seal.

Good luck........ Guessing where the leak is coming from will have you using LOTS of silicone sealer all over the place. You may need to get a garden hose to actually find the source...

Mike

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,997 Posts
I have heard this issue with several R's. The thread below seems to pinpoint the problem with most of them. Hopefully yours as well. The problem is usually associated with the cowl drain tubes clogging and then water building up in the wiper area during car washes or driving in the rain.

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f5/leak-hell-has-finally-met-its-match-11683/
Thanks, Mike. That was the thread I was thinking of.......

Missed you this weekend in Texas.

Mike

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,222 Posts
Thanks, Mike. That was the thread I was thinking of.......

Missed you this weekend in Texas.

Mike
Really wished we could have attended as well, looked like a great time! We just returned from a long trip to NorCal last week and could not get enough time to fit this in too. :frown2:

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,734 Posts
If you could put a person in the vehicle while your spraying water, they might see or hear the leak sooner than than if you try do it yourself. Hopefully you'll have less water in the vehicle too.

Dave

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had the same problem. Drove me nuts. Took off Pillar cover, checked A/C vents, caulked window seal along pillar, etc.
My son finally figured it out!
Rubber seal where top meets window frame corner. Water gets in there as seal gets old and finds a small hole at the corner.
Water then runs down the inside of pillar and exits behind panel in footwell and floods carpet.
Clean out the crud in there well, take black silcone and fill this area. Problem solved.
Hope this helps.

·
Daily Driver
8,930 Posts
Thanks for reporting back, you may have saved someone a ton of aggravation in the future. :cheers

1 - 18 of 18 Posts