Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe I have a leaking power steering pump. Thought I noticed a circle about the size of a silver dollar under the vehicle last week. Put the vehicle on a lift and noticed there was a wet area around the suspension beneath the pump. Sprayed everything with brake clean, wiped it all down and blew it totally dry. When I went to move the truck yesterday I again noticed more fluid on the ground. Back up on the lift and the same area is wet again.

Off to the dealer on Friday. Hope the part is readily available. Will not leave the truck there while parts are being ordered. Will report back.

Marc

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,614 Posts
My power steering pump was replaced on 1-4-06 because it was beginning to leak around the middle of the pump (where the top filler meets the top of the pump). I noticed fluid just like you did directly below the pump, but not enough to have leaked on the ground.

The new pump does not leak at the middle, but it seems to show a very small amount of fluid just below the filler cap. Nothing like the original pump.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts