Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any wet carpet when you open the rear cargo,find I have to somewhat slam the rear cargo cover. Carpet was wet on the foward end of the bed,& seemed like a lot of moisture on the storage bins. Anyone? Thanks :nodno

D

·
0 Posts
See my earlier "CONDENSATION" thread posted a week or so ago. As near as I can tell, it does not appear to be leakage - rather I suspect that it is condensation. I can find no leaks. (I have even had someone spray water on the truck while I was inside the cargo area) But I have the exact condition you describe - wet cargo cover liner (more toward the front, drip marks on the saddle bag lids) As was suggested in the condensation thread, I have ordered some desiccant bags to distribute in the cargo area to see if that works. They are on backorder with an expected delivery 1/5/05. Hopefully, these will cure the "icebox" effect.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Dampness

I thought I had condensation at first (during the winter months) later found I had a leak. It was in the rear by the tail gate.

·
Registered
131 Posts
SMOKE3 said:
Looking4 , Did you get the leak fixed? Mine has been in 3 times and they still cant fix it. :cuss
Did GM even test these vehicles at all? Makes you wonder if it was ever wind tunnel and weather tested, since the most of complaints are wind noise, leaks, and rear cargo moisture.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Leak

Smoke,

I had it in 3 times and each time the leak was a little less. They finally had a field rep come out and he said he added an extra seal.

It now does NOT leak.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
extra seal

it was placed in the rear, left hand corner.... I believe. I haven't really checked it out. I do know that I have to close the lid harder on the left side to make it even with the the sides. And I know that it is not leaking anymore.

I will look later and see if I can tell what they did exactly.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Seal

I checked the back corner for the extra seal. I couldn't find it. Sorry.
I think that if I compared it to another one sitting right next to it, I might be able to find the difference, but I can't remember how it looked before.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts