Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone happen to know if any nice lease specials now exist on 05 or 06 ssr's? I'm looking for 2-3 year lease with 12,000 miles.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
165 Posts
TruckLover, you might want to look into the GM Smartbuy. Thats how I purchased my 2005 SSR. You can do 3 or 4 year terms. Little cash down and it is considered a finance but has the attributes of a lease. Meaning at the end of your term you can give it back and go buy an Escalade? or you can trade it it presumably with equity because you "own it" unlike a traditional lease. Also Gm almost always offers 6-8 month early outs as long as you fancy another GM product. My brother just received a letter from GM with 7 months left on his Smartbuy, stating we will take care of the remaining payments if we can put you in an 06. I'm glad I went this route because I was not happy when i found out 06 was the last year. I was going to buy it at the end but now I don't think so.

·
Registered
442 Posts
wow!

SmartBuy looks GOOD! I have never heard of it before and if anyone can confirm it is offered on SSRs, please let us know. The conventional lease numbers I have been given so far for SSRs holler; "DON'T lease!!!"

·
Registered
2 Posts
transfer lease?

I have a 2005 auto/silver with 2000 miles that is a gm 2 year lease. I leased this car in June of 05. It's a 1sa car with no other options. I added the gm windblocker, hitch and netting package after I bought the car. I put $5k down and the payments are $330 a month. Never hit, never smoked in. I'd be willing to transfer the lease to you for $2500 down and take over the remaining 18 or so payments. I'm in Akron, Ohio...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Maybe I Am Wrong But On A Lease After It Ends And You Want To Purchse It Don"t You Have To Pay The Taxes Again On The Remainder Of Payoff?? In Illinois This Was A Big Issue A Few Years Back......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts