Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left work this evening and as I exited into the parking lot I saw a familiar shape in the dusk. It was an :ssr. But wait the next row over the same shape appeared as well. Nothing like seeing :ssr :ssr (2 SSRs) parked at the end of adjacent rows - made me smile. So I got into the better looking (Silver) one, dropped the top and sped home.

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
You guys don't know what you are missing riding in that Richochet :ssr ...ya gotta try an Ultra Violet!!!

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
hdflstf.......Did you think about putting a Fanatic card on the windshield before you departed??

P/P....I'm w/artsmart on the color choice.

Peace :flag

·
11,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mike in AZ said:
Hey P/P - Isn't silver used as a base coat for a good metallic color like purple or blue?
Can be - but why mess with such a good thing. ;)

·
11,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finished

It is - it's called clear coat. Most people don't see it though. After all it's clear :reddevil :glol

BTW - didn't need to leave a card as the other SSR is already a fanatic - well at least a lurker..

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I just pray you never, ever, have to repair a silver painted car.

Been there, Done that, ain't never going back. :nodno

·
11,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
beer100 said:
I just pray you never, ever, have to repair a silver painted car.

Been there, Done that, ain't never going back. :nodno
Oh you mean like the rock chunks out of the top of the fender. S--- happens. At least it can't be any worse than trying to match the metallic pearl red on my other toy.
Actually the silver is more of a blank canvas for now. I just need to figure out what I want to do and then do it..

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
SSRFanatic.com cards

Where can I purchase some of those cards? I see SSRs all the time and its pretty tacky writing on a piece of paper and putting in under the wipers.

Saw a red SSR at Walmarts several days ago (Linda and Dennis written on the rear window) had to scrawl a note about this site on a piece of my notepad. Very tacky. :nodno

Really need to get some of those cards. :rolleyes:

Gary (WearyEagle)

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
WearyEagle said:
Where can I purchase some of those cards? I see SSRs all the time and its pretty tacky writing on a piece of paper and putting in under the wipers.

Saw a red SSR at Walmarts several days ago (Linda and Dennis written on the rear window) had to scrawl a note about this site on a piece of my notepad. Very tacky. :nodno

Really need to get some of those cards. :rolleyes:

Gary (WearyEagle)
CALLING MARC NY!

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
hdflstf said:
Actually the silver is more of a blank canvas for now. I just need to figure out what I want to do and then do it..
I have an idea for you on your "Blank Canvas"

paint it "Aqua Blur" :yesnod :yesnod :yesnod :lol

·
11,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's an idea.. Not very creative but an idea. Of course you really wanted to improve the blur I help you sand it down to the silver you say is underneath. :lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts