1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,557 Posts

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,386 Posts
Contact JoshVette on this forum for a complete set of led bulbs.
Contact JOSHVETTE just like they said. When you change turn signals you need to do front and back and side marker lights and need a different flasher because of the less draw etc. of the LED lights. He is on the forum and can fix you right up. He sells a complete kit and is willing to talk you through what you want to do. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2006 Automatic
881 Posts
I noticed that it is for a 2004 so the LM 486 module may be the one he needs.

Joshvett is the man to contact on this since he has done a lot of research in this area.

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
I noticed that it is for a 2004 so the LM 486 module may be the one he needs.
Why screw around with an LM487 that may or may not work, when Novita designed the LM486 specifically for all year SSRs? :confused

You're right. :blush-anim-cl:
I... uh... um was testing you guys, yeah that's it testing. :glol

Thanks for picking up on that Josh, I've corrected it because some people don't read to the end of the thread and I don't want to steer somebody wrong.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,947 Posts
Why screw around with an LM487 that may or may not work, when Novita designed the LM486 specifically for all year SSRs? :confused

You're right. :blush-anim-cl:
I... uh... um was testing you guys, yeah that's it testing. :glol

Thanks for picking up on that Josh, I've corrected it because some people don't read to the end of the thread and I don't want to steer somebody wrong.
You are correct xoBruce.

Dicktator

·
Premium Member
2006 Automatic
881 Posts
Well, I must be the exception to the rule. I have a 2006 and got a 486 flasher from Dicktator and it did not work on my truck.

When I got the 487 flasher it worked perfectly and still does today.

I must not have held my tongue at the right angle when I installed the 486 one??????

I recall that when I was having the problem with the 486 unit I researched here and found out about the 487 which was recommended?

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
Well, I must be the exception to the rule. I have a 2006 and got a 486 flasher from Dicktator and it did not work on my truck.

When I got the 487 flasher it worked perfectly and still does today.

I must not have held my tongue at the right angle when I installed the 486 one??????

I recall that when I was having the problem with the 486 unit I researched here and found out about the 487 which was recommended?
That is odd. :confused While most people using the LM487 had trouble with the cruise control, my problem was when the headlights came on so did the brake lights. Haven't heard of anyone else having that problem. Then Ripshift got Novita's attention and they redesigned it for SSRs. When they came out with the LM-486 they copyrighted the model number for the first time, so if you went to a parts store and asked for an LM-486 you wouldn't get a knockoff like happened with the LM-487.

The next hurdle was to convince Dicktator to change his endorsement from the LM-487 to the LM-486, but he talked to Novita and they convinced him. You know how stubborn those old people can be. :pokey: :glol

·
Slingshot Rules!
75,345 Posts
After reading the posts above and then doing some serious thinking (scary thought), I decided to do some research . . .

Way back in April of 2010 I ordered a set of rear LED Brake / Tail Lights from V-Leds. They were installed with an LM486 and have been functioning flawlessly ever since.

The Doophus is a "later" MY2005 with a few 2006 components.

LEDs from V-Leds plus an LM486 . . . never an issue. I live by that old theory . . . If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It.

KNOCK ON WOOD.

! :banana ! :cheers ! :banana ! :cheers ! :banana !

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Interesting read.
I have the lm487 and the cruze kicking off when the blinker is used.
I was figuring it was the brand of led taillights I bought.
I bought the 487 as I have an 04...so it was saposed to be the correct flasher.
So... Try different bulbs... Or buy another flasher?

Where's the best source for a flasher? I thi k I bought the 487 off amazon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts