Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cargo light Chapter 2

Before buying or ordering a bulb and fuse I checked mine. The bulb & Fuse are good. I unscrewed the connector and I have only two pins and some corrosion. I can cut off the shrink tuning and repair the wiring but what can I do for a pin? I would like for it to maintain the original look. Thanks for any help.
OG

I read somewhere about a LED light bulb for the cargo light. Could someone please tell me the bulb part number and where I can buy one. Thanks for your help.
OG

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
I read somewhere about a LED light bulb for the cargo light. Could someone please tell me the bulb part number and where I can buy one. Thanks for your help.
OG
Take the old one out and go to Auto Zone or O'Reily's, show 'em the old Bulb and tell "em you want an LED Bulb to replace it. Also replace the Fuse in the Box behind the passengers seat. The LED Bulb is about an inch & quarter long and round (very small).

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Don't forget too replace the 15amp fuse behind the Passenger seat with a 1 Amp or 2 Amp fuse. 1 amp fuses are hard too find but O'Reillys or Auto Zone carry the LED bulbs and 2 or 3 amp fuses. Good luck, just unplug the cable until You replace both the bulb and the fuse.

·
Daily Driver
8,940 Posts
Dicktator has the bulbs and the fuses. In the meantime yank that 15 amp fuse now, do not pass GO, do not collect $200, now. :yesnod

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,028 Posts
If when you install the new LED bulb it doesn't work turn it around and re-install. They only work in one direction. I found out the hard way. Good luck.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,648 Posts
YES, get Bed light Changed BEFORE it burns your relay and wires.

I have LED Bed Light Kits in stock, $15.00 includes mailing, (P.O. gets $3.50 to mail) plus two 1amp Fuses and instructions.

Go to my SSR How to Library:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5

Look up BED LIGHT FIX

I have PayPal: [email protected]

Need your Name/Address.

Dicktator

1. 03/04 has 15amp fuse, 05/06 has 10amp fuse, bulb is only 3amp, fuse will NOT blow, overheat, burn. Been there, done that!
2. Wireing after burn, can take out RDM
3. 3amp Halogen bulb very HOT.
4. .05amp LED, three time brighter and MUCH Safer!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts