Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been researching and ordering bulbs for various places on my SSR and here are some more I have finished...

LED 194 5 SMD white

10Pcs T10 W5W 5-SMD 5050 LED License Plate Lights HID Xenon White 192 194 168 | eBay

I used these bulbs on the 4 side marker lights, license plate lights and glove box light. Issue with the side markers are finding the high output bulbs in a low profile design to fit in the housing. The Barely fit!!! I mean tight. The outward facing LED is within thousandths of touching. Nice thing about LED's is they stay cool! This is the Ebay store I ordered from, at $1 each.

items in YallStore store on eBay!

The bulb on the left I had ordered earlier and didn't fit any application on the truck due to depth of bulb. One on right is the ones I used...

These LED's are much brighter, and have a piercing effect on the eyes that gets ones attention. They are really bright at night and look cool when locking and unlocking the doors with remote.

Here are various pics in the dark and during the day of the front and rear side markers...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also used this in the glove box and made it 10 times as bright as it was...

The 194 LED was used in the License Plate light location as well. I didn't want to show off my plate much so I didn't do a direct shot, but this was in the garage with just the garage light on. You can see how intense the light is and how much light actually is shot onto the ground under it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
HALSSSR
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing