Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
04 black automatic
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought the truck a little over a year ago. I noticed the driver side headlight was off not in a adjustment way. Well jumped in and the tabs are busted. So I decided to replace this so one it is safe due to my kid driving when I need to use his truck. I realized what an expensive part when it is just the bucket the lens sits in you have to buy it all. I'm a disabled vet raising 3 kids I can't afford that and it is shitty the dealer I bought it from didn't check this. Already chewed there ass. Anybody know a cheaper alternative or have a cheaper one for sale. Thanks and all have a wonderful day.

·
SSR Believer
2,806 Posts
The driver-side headlight is harder to come by and fairly expensive as that’s the side most often damaged in accidents. Best bet is to hope someone here will come to the rescue. (@RG comes up with them now and then.)

I'd also keep an eye on eBay and send a note to Cleveland Power and Performance to see what they might have and for how much. They specialize in parting out SSRs and are very good at responding to inquiries. There are a couple currently listed that look like they have a good driver-side headlight.

Looks like you already figured out how to remove it, but for anyone that follows, here's a very good DIY guide:

Hope that helps and best of luck!

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
5,633 Posts
@acidstatic, There ya go. Other ideas will come along. Meantime---Consider clicking on the Colored Letter/Picture, top far right corner, go down to "Account Settings", click, and fill in your information. Especially your LOCATION and the year of your SSR, like the rest of us. Then go the the left side and click on "Signature". Also put the year of your SSR in your "Signature", and anything else you want to show in your posts, and we can help you better if you have a problem. When you finish click the "SAVE" box.

Click here for the "How To Library" OneDrive

Also click on this link and go to Post #1 Help Us Help You---UPDATE

Nick

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,285 Posts
I believe the headlight housing is made of PET which is very difficult to bond. I will look at the spare one I have to verify the material In the morning.
The only thing that may work to bond the PET would be using a CA adhesive with a primer. Loctite has a small kit with Primer/activator and CA adhesive you can try. Find it on Amazon. It’s Loctite 681925. Or you can get Loctite super gel and use their 770 primer if the little kit don’t work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts