Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SS Owner, Not SSR But SS
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i searched and didnt find anything
can anyone help me
i got the old one off and i just dont want to break the new one i have installing

what is the trick to get it to pop in on the 3 points

my site has my cell #as well and i get emails on my phone
Flash Intro Page

[email protected]

thanks in advance
CJ

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,947 Posts
Check out simple-engineering.com I think Mike had the instructions for the MUTH mirrors on there. They are the same and should help you out.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,183 Posts
i searched and didnt find anything
can anyone help me
i got the old one off and i just dont want to break the new one i have installing

what is the trick to get it to pop in on the 3 points

my site has my cell #as well and i get emails on my phone
Flash Intro Page

[email protected]

thanks in advance
CJ
Sent pictures and some instructions to your email address.

I am installing set #60 on Saturday.

Dicktator

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Right Mirror install

Dick, During my discussion with Mike the other day about installing the mirrors I mentionded that I had cut out a board to the out line of the mirror, and used a clamp to install. He said to be careful that the right mirror is convex and might be broken using this method.

Jack

·
SS Owner, Not SSR But SS
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got it in but it is not pushed in enough to hit the adjuster
any tips

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,782 Posts
i got it in but it is not pushed in enough to hit the adjuster
any tips
The two adjusters have small "tangs" on them that need to line up with the slots in the mirror attach point. One slot is vertically aligned, the other is horizontally aligned. Be sure that the tangs are correctly aligned and then push the mirror with your thumb directly over the spot it has to snap into. The adjuster will ratchet down into the collapsed position, hitting its bottom, and then you will be able to push it into the socket. It will go in with a smaller "pop" than the main knuckle in the center......

Mike

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,183 Posts
Yes, I know the mirror is different on the passengers side. I use microfiber towel and apply pressure "CAREFULLY".

I will be installing set #60 (120 mirrors) on Saturday and have broken one mirror, driver side.

Dicktator

Pictures
1. Pry out OEM mirror
2. Pressing drive Screw into slotted hole, takes pressure, be sure mirror is on level surface.
3. Drive Screw
4. Magic Block of wood, Hey! It works!
5. Hand Clamp/Microfiber towel on glass for the "Soft" feel. This gives "Even Pressure over glass surface". Less chance of breakage.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts