Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well GM is just about to throw in the towel on my 03 14kmiles ( all the bells & lights are still on )
The car has been in the shop since Nov 30(22 days (+5 in Phx ) 27 total, so the lemon law will be started if GM offfer is a joke.

Well I wanted to give GM a break since I REALLY LIKE this Truck .. to see what I might expect........before getting the lawyers involved I mentioned I would take a new 06 even swap.... Might this deal happen ??????
Semper Fi
Joe

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Nope, What they usually do is take what you paid for the car and then subtract milage and use usually .20 a mile. Then you will get a check. Thats it Been there done that.

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
In my case I had a 2000 S-10 Blazer that needed an engine at 6K miles. Once they replaced the motor the car then developed new issues due to the motor being replaced. I went with a BBB arbitration but that was a total waste of time. I then went to a Lemon Law Lawyer and they got the job done BUT it took 10 months to settle. I did get ALL my money back however, but it took A LONG TIME IMO. If you can get GM to take it back without the lawyers for a milage deduction I would say its worth it because it will happen much faster.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
hey Joe,

did the prevoius owner have any issues like your current ones?

How many miles have YOU put on it and how many total?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was Steves

Hi John
I purchased the Demo that was Steve's(Dealer), so you know any problems would have been taken care of.I put 10 k miles. about 6 k to/return from AZ . The truck developed the "Issue" about 8 k while in AZ.. fixed there and worked for 2500 miles
Semper Fi
Joe
Should know something by Thursday

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Good luck....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts