Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
TROUBLE MAKER
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well wish her luck, she is going in tomorrow for her 2nd driveshaft transplant....
Her tink has gotten so bad we thought she would need to be hooked up to a machine!!!! But, luckily, just in time they found a new one, and she is having the transplant at noon!!!! Thank goodness it will be an in and out surgery, she doesn't have to stay!!!! I am glad because if she had to stay, david would probably want to stay with her. :glol :glol :glol

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Oh !

HOPE SHE HAS A SPEEDY RECOVERY!! :glol :glol :glol

·
Registered
255 Posts
Driveshaft Replacement

How many miles were on your SSR when you needed the driveshaft replacement?

Was there any indication in when your drove that it was failing? i.e., you heard something when you got on it, Stopped a light and took off quickly, slowly, etc.

What's the first signs of it going?

Was the dealer undertanding or did they question what you were hearing?

Good Luck
Thanks
Carl

·
Registered
123 Posts
tinking driveshaft

Carl,
We keep getting our driveshafts replaced because of the noise they make. I don't think anything is physically wrong with the shaft, it is just noisy. Usually when you start the SSR up and put it in reverse, you may hear this sound. It is quite loud and embarassing if people are near. My first one also did it while driving slowly through city streets. My first replacemant was around 3000 on the odometer. Now at 5600, the noise is coming back on the SSR's second shaft. Do a search on the word TINK and you will read many pages of stories of this problem.

Jason

G

·
Tinkless

I guess I feel fortunate, I had a 03 (2117) and my 05 and no tink. Must be this Okla. weather. :lol :lol ;) :glol :glol :seeya

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.