One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,620 Posts
Reactions: tennesseecozydog

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt
48,408 Posts
You can charge it from the red box under the hood inside right fender and there is a place marked neg by the alternator !!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,366 Posts
I only get about 3 years or so on mine. Only put about 3000-4000 a year on it. When in the garage it’s on a Tender.
B
3 or 4,000 miles a year is not bad Bobo, I think I do about 7,000 and I think my battery is 2 years old. Had her going on 10 years and put 6,700+ miles on "Red Molly" t-dog :ssr

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
600 miles

3 or 4,000 miles a year is not bad Bobo, I think I do about 7,000 and I think my battery is 2 years old. Had her going on 10 years and put 6,700+ miles on "Red Molly" t-dog :ssr
Hi cozy dog,
When I found this thing several years ago it only had 600 miles on it. Couldn’t pass it up.

Have a couple other hot rods so I get to enjoy this on sunny Sundays getting coffee and keep the miles relatively low.

Bobo
:ssr

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

I need help!!!! My battery dies if I do not start it within a few days and the battery is new so something or a wire is on and draining the battery. Where do I look to see where I can find the source of the problem. Thanks for any help with this matter. I have a 2004 Ultra-Violet with 15,200 miles on it.

Keith

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Hello,

I need help!!!! My battery dies if I do not start it within a few days and the battery is new so something or a wire is on and draining the battery. Where do I look to see where I can find the source of the problem. Thanks for any help with this matter. I have a 2004 Ultra-Violet with 15,200 miles on it.

Keith
Remove the negative terminal and put a multimeter in the circuit. After you make the connection and the car wakes up wait for it to sleep and measure the amp draw. If it’s high 10-30 milliamps plus the you have a short or bad ground somewhere. Next step is to find it, which could be a detective story.
B

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Just a minor heads up, aside trickle charging....

Sears Diehard AGM 78 GOLD are bullet proof, unfortunately Sears has gone under in my area, the alternative is DIEHARD AGM 78 Gold from Autozone. The last battery was just replaced after 4.5 years, the backup portion of the battery warns it's going out, by demonstrating some odd electronic eye catchers, you still get another full month of service, rather than a dead cold battery. I mention this because our SSR's are not as simple as a car battery switch out, forewarned has it's advantages, even if they appear to have some electronic oddities.

Cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts