Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( Unfortunately in Virginia, it is required to have both a front and rear licnese plate. This is really going to make the front end look bad with that ugly license plate bracket up there. Any suggestions as to where to locate mine?

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
brush guard

I think that mounting it on the brush guard may be an option, since the vehicle does sit up fairly high. I just hate to mess up that cool looking grill with a stupid license plate bracket! This may actually work. Guess I will find out soon enough.

·
Banned
41 Posts
It is also a law in Illinois to have it but i'm not going to put it on. As a matter of fact I clearly told the dealer to not install it. I know many people with cool cars that do not install it and get away with it. The ticket is $75 and I gladly will pay it. I doubt any cop will give you aticket on a rare car like this for a couple of years. They'd understand. I will just leave it in the car.

S

·
0 Posts
I think the idea behind the FRONT plasteis so that the local Police can identify the vehicle from the front. If that's so ... I'd think that a local yokel should 9hopefully) be able to point out a BRIGHT RED SSR from any vantage point! :cheers

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good advice. I think I will just keep it in the car Steve. Thanks, Ed:) Now, if they could just get that production line moving along.

E

·
0 Posts
Here in Washington State - They give you a 'Fix it' ticket... Attach plate and get checked off.. Take plate back off... Can work for many times as my PT Cruiser runs no plate. :lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts