Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just ordered this rear license plate louver/frame. It is made for the C5 Corvette and comes in all the corvette colors. I am sure it will fit on our SSR's because the back-up lamp assembly for the SSR and the C5 Corvette are the same GM part number. I ordered 00-04 Corvette yellow which is the same as the SSR yellow. I don’t know if any of the other Corvette colors are the same as our SSR colors, but you can order it unpainted and paint in your color. I ordered it from Davies Corvette parts, (http://www.corvetteparts.com/home/index.htm). It cost $50.00. I will post a photo after I receive it and put it on my truck.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
I like the way these look. And for $50 that seems like a fair price. :)

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
JRYS said:
I just ordered this rear license plate louver/frame. It is made for the C5 Corvette and comes in all the corvette colors. I am sure it will fit on our SSR's because the back-up lamp assembly for the SSR and the C5 Corvette are the same GM part number. I ordered 00-04 Corvette yellow which is the same as the SSR yellow. I don’t know if any of the other Corvette colors are the same as our SSR colors, but you can order it unpainted and paint in your color. I ordered it from Davies Corvette parts, (http://www.corvetteparts.com/home/index.htm). It cost $50.00. I will post a photo after I receive it and put it on my truck.
I saw it on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003...ewItemQQcategoryZ33640QQitemZ8034346723QQrdZ1

This one is already painted slingshot yellow.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
I have the same one sitting here in a box waiting for my vanity plate to finally arrive...:)

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Louver C 5 License Plate

I order a C 5 Corvette louvered license frame in Corvette Torch Red back in 2003 the day my Redline Red SSR came home. Corvette Torch Red & SSR Redline Red are the same paint code numbers. I also have one in Electron Blue off of my Z06 I just sold, because new C6 is on order. It may be a real close match for a Pacific Blue SSR If anyone is interested It can be had for $ 20 plus shipping, PM me

·
Registered
615 Posts
mcvett2 said:
I order a C 5 Corvette louvered license frame in Corvette Torch Red back in 2003 the day my Redline Red SSR came home. Corvette Torch Red & SSR Redline Red are the same paint code numbers. I also have one in Electron Blue off of my Z06 I just sold, because new C6 is on order. It may be a real close match for a Pacific Blue SSR If anyone is interested It can be had for $ 20 plus shipping, PM me
You have a PM.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If anybody wants to paint one I found a white one on eBay ending soon. Good price so far $9.99. Good Luck

·
2005 SSR LOW MILES
2,234 Posts
License Plate Frame

They Make Them Billet And Chrome Also they are ON EBAY FOR $65.00

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
Phantom Grille Frames

I just found them at CalCarCover.com, 4 colors, $40. Matte black, gloss Black, Red, & Yellow. No affiliation, just FYI.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I Like It

Just received and installed the Rear License Plate Louver, and I LIKE IT!

·
OP
8,226 Posts
JeffatJacks said:
This is a very cool mod. We overnighted one from Mid-America so we'd have it in time for AutoRama. We're very happy with it.
Thanks, just order a red one as well. I have the chrome one now with the round holes, but this will add variety, kinda like changing suits depending on the season or mood...

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
Simulated CF plate/lamp grille

I just bought the Simulated Carbon Fiber license plate/lamp grille at www.corvetteparts.com to go on my Silver '06. 3g you guys got the CF engine cover ready???

Also www.adjureinc.com has the backup lamp assembly in a Diamond Cut Pattern, nice compliment to the taillights. Make sure you add the"INC" to that web address or it takes you to a naughty site! Yes dear, it was a typo and all the pop ups are a mistake....... :nono

1 - 20 of 46 Posts