Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had my hubby move the license plate on the front of my truck. I hated that it was put on by the dealer with out them even asking, But that is done. So now my question is (and I am sure there are plenty of you out there who have answers)
I have 4 not so small holes in the plastic smile on the front of my truck. I want to fix them or have the dealer do it but I want to know what you would or have done? I have pictures I will try to post. Happy Cruisin'
(working on the pics) Updated pictures attatched, I Finally figured it out!!!!! :)

T

·
0 Posts
I had the same problem.
What i did was get 4 red plastic
push in screws with a flat top
on them and pushed them
through the holes.

You can barely see them.
Funny thing is i had them
laying around the garage.

Later,
John

·
Premium Member
3,488 Posts
lic plate

I tried everything i could think of but wasn't happy with the way it looked. Maybe because my wifes ssr was sitting next to mine so it was more noticable to me. so i ended up filling the holes and repainted just the imatation grille parts silver . Looks really like there is really a real grille there.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Ok, :) I'd like to see that.

For the record. I put white nylon screws into the bumper of my white Sebring convertable. Short of having the holes filled and painted, Colored nylon screws are a good option. The memory of it is still irksum. Glad my dealer didn't install mine.

S

·
0 Posts
NEW GUYS & GALS:
Tell your dealer NOT to install the front bracket and there will be no holes to fill.

T

·
0 Posts
QWKSSR said:
I tried everything i could think of but wasn't happy with the way it looked. Maybe because my wifes ssr was sitting next to mine so it was more noticable to me. so i ended up filling the holes and repainted just the imatation grille parts silver . Looks really like there is really a real grille there.
I thought about doing the same thing.
Do you have any pic`s by chance?

I`m also thinking of waiting to see what
the aftermarket has to offer in the future.

Maybe a billet grille, that can attach
to the one that already exist??

Later,
John

·
Premium Member
3,488 Posts
painted grille

TarHeel said:
I thought about doing the same thing.
Do you have any pic`s by chance?

I`m also thinking of waiting to see what
the aftermarket has to offer in the future.

Maybe a billet grille, that can attach
to the one that already exist??

Later,
John
Tarheel

Heres a picture of what the grille looks like painted.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Wildcat - was talking to- cops the other day who were looking at the truck. All said they wouldn't waste their time writing the ticket. Must be true, since I have somehow neglected to install the front plate yet, and they were looking at it. Doesn't mean you couldn't find a Texas law enforcement officer who was a bit more anally retentive.

S

·
0 Posts
QWKSSR said:
Tarheel

Heres a picture of what the grille looks like painted.
I like it what type/color of paint did you use? Did your dealer do it or did a body shop?

·
Premium Member
3,488 Posts
I have a body shop and painted myself. I got the color from the trim code.

·
Premium Member
3,488 Posts
vinyl on grille

zainossr said:
I am having that treatment done in vinyl instead of pait. I'll let everyone know how it goes.
My son has a vinyl sign bussiness and we did the grille in vinyl at first but i wasn't happy with how it looked. There is to many different angles to deal with to make it look perfect.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wish I had told the dealer not to put on the front plate but it came in two weeks early and I was out of town when it was picked up. Pass this on to everyone.... Don't put holes in my new truck. Leave the plate assembly off. I actually like the silver painted look. Great job.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts