Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little fun from a SSR reunion a few years ago.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Attachments

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,458 Posts

·
Slingshot Rules!
64,829 Posts
Say Doophus - I just noticed the backside of your seat top surrounds - very cool, much nicer than the stock satin. Are they easy to remove and paint?
THANKS, DrDJ . . . I had them painted at the local Dent Busters.

Did you also catch the Door Pulls? They were painted at the same time along with the Dash Bar and the Wheels.

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,504 Posts
This is my rear end... with a license plate with my last name spelled backwards... Ken Adney aka WyoSilver

View attachment 573859
Ambulances do that across the front so when you are in front of them and look in your mirror you can read it and get out of the way.

·
High Plains Roadster
160 Posts
Ambulances do that across the front so when you are in front of them and look in your mirror you can read it and get out of the way.
Hey!! I never thought of that!

My SSR does not need a front plate since they passed a law in Wyoming suspending that requirement for vehicles not made with front brackets. I have another vehicle that does have a front plate with the same letters so it would be readable (sort of) backwards.

How is the winter treating you out South Dakota way? It is snowy and windy here, of course. I keep the SSR in the garage and have only taken it out when it is not too messy on the road.

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,504 Posts

My SSR does not need a front plate since they passed a law in Wyoming suspending that requirement for vehicles not made with front brackets. I have another vehicle that does have a front plate with the same letters so it would be readable (sort of) backwards.

How is the winter treating you out South Dakota way? It is snowy and windy here, of course. I keep the SSR in the garage and have only taken it out when it is not too messy on the road.
Crazy weather here this winter. Woke up to snow and 4 below yesterday and today it was 55 degrees. All mud. Been about three weeks since I had my R out for a spin. Now it will be awhile. Don't take it out in this kind of weather.

·
Premium Member
6,948 Posts

Too many "Silver Bars" ... next time you see a "Real" 55, 56, 57 Nomad count the Bars, I think there is only 7, you got 9 !!! 10 uh C cozy dog

·
Slingshot Rules!
64,829 Posts
Can't lie to ya' "Doo" A little too much Slingshot Yellow for me !!! 10 uh C cozy dog !!!
LOL at Bob . . .

Exactly why I keep the OEM Chromes lined up along the garage wall.

Due to the constant positive compliments for the Yellow Wheels . . . the OEMs have done nothing but "collect dust" over the last ten plus years.

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !

·
High Plains Roadster
160 Posts
Too many "Silver Bars" ... next time you see a "Real" 55, 56, 57 Nomad count the Bars, I think there is only 7, you got 9 !!! 10 uh C cozy dog
Thanks for the info on how many "bars" were on a Nomad. I didn't know that.

The Nomad "bars" were put on my SSR by the original owner. He must have had a "thing" about the Nomad station wagon. I have mixed feelings about them. Whoever put them on did a pretty good job and my wife likes them. They really don't serve much of a purpose. If I had them removed, it would probably make a pretty big mess so I have left them alone.

On the other hand, if you think there are too many bars in Cheyenne Wyoming, you are probably right!

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,458 Posts
Thanks for the info on how many "bars" were on a Nomad. I didn't know that.

The Nomad "bars" were put on my SSR by the original owner. He must have had a "thing" about the Nomad station wagon. I have mixed feelings about them. Whoever put them on did a pretty good job and my wife likes them. They really don't serve much of a purpose. If I had them removed, it would probably make a pretty big mess so I have left them alone.

On the other hand, if you think there are too many bars in Cheyenne Wyoming, you are probably right!
Is there such a thing as "To Many Bars" really? or is it just Not enough patrons?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts