Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WANTED!!! Does anyone know where I could buy a light weight car cover that is made specifically for the SSR. I want one just to keep the dust off while in the garage, but I want one that is light and wont scratch the black finish. I think one that does not fit so tight but just drapes over the car. Any suggestions will be appreciated!!

1950 Chevy 3100 Pick-up ( 600 miles on frame off restro.)
1989 Z-71 Silverado
1989 Corvette (Bought new, has 20,000 miles)
2004 BMW 525i (Sport Package)
2004 Denali (Long)
2004 SSR (Black)

·
Registered
349 Posts
SSR Car Cover

Mine is the "Noah" fabric from California Car Cover. I've had three of their covers now, all Noah fabric, and none of them scratch the paint. They don't fit too tight, so you can remove them easier than most of the fit-like-a-glove covers. I highly recommend their covers and their customer service, too! :)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Peaches and dohyatt; Thanks for the recommendations , I will check them out. :seeya

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yep...

Just ordered one for the SSR and one for the GTO from CAR Motorsports. You won't find better folks to deal with. And who else gives you a lifetime warranty?

Diggs

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Genuine GM cover available for private sale

My Genuine GM SSR cover fits great and never has scratched the finish. It's not used much and I am looking to sell it for $180 + $30 shipping to any of the lower 48 states, if interested. It's got the embroiderd SSR logo on the front, it's black, and the inside is very soft. I paid $340 for it in March from my GM dealer.

send me an email if interested at [email protected]

·
Registered
42 Posts
Coverking has one made with Tyvek, custom fit to SSR with mirror pockets, white black square pattern, p/n CVC4 Y99 CH2278, kRAGEN PRICE $229.66. I have had tyvek covers on two previous vettes, great covers & extremely light. I'm planning to buy but can't afford it yet.

·
Premium Member
6,310 Posts
I had a hard time deciding between the GM and the California cover. I went with the California Cover for inside storage after reading different posts on our Forum.

:) Scott 0168

·
Registered
601 Posts
Scott 0168 said:
I had a hard time deciding between the GM and the California cover. I went with the California Cover for inside storage after reading different posts on our Forum.

:) Scott 0168
Look in the gallery. I have posted some pictures of the cover that I have. It even has the SSR logo and the chevy Bow tie. It is light weight and has its own bag to cary it in. It is made by Motorsport.

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Brownhornet said:
Look in the gallery. I have posted some pictures of the cover that I have. It even has the SSR logo and the chevy Bow tie. It is light weight and has its own bag to cary it in. It is made by Motorsport.
Dang, that looks pretty good! $$$ ???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts