Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the curb yesterday and had my lights on (auto mode), opened the tonu to put my wifes things in the back with the engine running and the lights went out. Closed the tonu and tailgate, lights did not come on. Had to turn the switch to manual mode to get them back on. Perhaps I don't understand the auto light feature or need to make an adjustment in my DIC controls. Any suggestions out there? By the way, my SSR is one year old this month! 15 1/2K miles and loving it! :) Seems like I just got her the other day. Time sure does fly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,950 Posts
Happy Birthday.....SSR

:party :party :party
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
cruzned said:
I was at the curb yesterday and had my lights on (auto mode), opened the tonu to put my wifes things in the back with the engine running and the lights went out. Closed the tonu and tailgate, lights did not come on. Had to turn the switch to manual mode to get them back on. Perhaps I don't understand the auto light feature or need to make an adjustment in my DIC controls. Any suggestions out there? By the way, my SSR is one year old this month! 15 1/2K miles and loving it! :) Seems like I just got her the other day. Time sure does fly.

I don't have an answer for your light problem cruzned, but i have had a wierd happening of my own. Two or three times now when I have shoved the key into the ignition, the radio comes on! Also once when my seat was all the way back and I leaned on the back to get out it also turned the radio on! it always comes on to the lowest FM station.(88.1)

Living2be
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,950 Posts
Just curious

Living,

I was just wondering if you had anything electrical changed or fixed in your vehicle. When I was trying to buy a new radio, I kept hearing that the vehicle is like a computer network with messages being sent to and from various components and that I would have to keep the old radio in the vehicle hidden somewhere so that it could process certain messages, but I have not heard of anyone actually having a problem after changing something. So I was just wondering if you had.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
Emergency Brake

Hey Cruzn Ed,
Did you happen to set the emergency brake when you got out to load your wifes things? I notice that when I get in my SSR and start it, if the emergency brake is set the auto lights do not come on until I release the brake. Also when I stop to park the lights will go out when I set the brake with the SSR running. And what's more if the SSR is running and the lights (auto or daytime running lights) are on and you move the brake handle multiple times the lights will come on and go off as you move the brake handle. I hope this helps. :flag
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, as a matter of fact I did have the brake handle up at the time, but when I released it, the lights did not come back on, but that is a great point you made there. Will have to remember that one too! Thanks, Ed ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
151 Posts
Emergency brake handle

It actually is supposed to work that way. If you pull up and release the handle once it will turn off the DRL(daytime running lights). If you pull up and release a second time it will turn them back on. HTH.

Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
thanks bob, i had not heard that one yet. there seems to be a few little secrets for operating certain things.

the othe one i remember is holding the light button on the mirror down for a few seconds to turn it off from its dim always on setting.

are there any others i wonder?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
looking4_an_ssr said:
Living,

I was just wondering if you had anything electrical changed or fixed in your vehicle. When I was trying to buy a new radio, I kept hearing that the vehicle is like a computer network with messages being sent to and from various components and that I would have to keep the old radio in the vehicle hidden somewhere so that it could process certain messages, but I have not heard of anyone actually having a problem after changing something. So I was just wondering if you had.

looking...No, I haven't had anything changed. The dealer did install the optional gage package though. Thanks for the info about the computer system.

Living2be
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
geunther said:
thanks bob, i had not heard that one yet. there seems to be a few little secrets for operating certain things.

the othe one i remember is holding the light button on the mirror down for a few seconds to turn it off from its dim always on setting.

are there any others i wonder?

geunther.....if you want to turn off the halo lighting that comes on at night, just turn your map light on, and then turn it off but hold the button in and it will turn out the halo lighting. To turn the halo lighting on, just reverse the process.

Living2be
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
I knew the one about the hallo light, thanks though.
I was wondering if there were any other secret on and offs besides that and the drl. Seems most are found by luck, trial and error etc.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top