Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Chevrolet SSR
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I have a 2005 SSR. I am having 2 light issues. The first is when I open the door, the mirror or dome lights do not automatically turn on. Are they supposed to? It’s dark when I get in and no lights come on.

Back up lights- when I put the vehicle in reverse, the white back up lights do not come on. The break lights work, but not the back up. Any idea why only those wouldn’t work and how to fix them?

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,570 Posts
Hi! I have a 2005 SSR. I am having 2 light issues. The first is when I open the door, the mirror or dome lights do not automatically turn on. Are they supposed to? It’s dark when I get in and no lights come on.

Back up lights- when I put the vehicle in reverse, the white back up lights do not come on. The break lights work, but not the back up. Any idea why only those wouldn’t work and how to fix them?
I think the light on the bottom of the mirror is one of those things you can change with the DIC controls. Do you have an owner Manual?
You might want to go to New Member Section and introduce yourself while you are finding your way around the site.
I am sure you will start getting some information on your questions soon.

Reactions: Firetruck

·
Spirited driver!
1,670 Posts
Check the fuses in the fuse box behind the passengers seat. That would be the first place looked.

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,071 Posts

COURTESY LIGHTS information
Please read the following and try the courtesy lights from the various different ways they can be activated

BACK - UP LIGHTS information

If manual transmission check underhood fuse box #26. This feeds power to backup light switch on transmission - which when closed sends a signal to the body control module. The BCM then supplies the voltage to operate the light bulbs
If automatic - the BCM receives the reverse input information thru the class 2 data bus, then just like the manual trans, the BCM supplies the voltage to operate the bulbs.

So if Automatic or fuse #26 tests good with test light, next step is to check bulbs,
if bulbs ok, check for voltage on the green wire at the bulb socket.

If you have a good scan tool this can be used to verify the input command and also be used to command back up lights on. It can also be used to diagnosis the courtesy lights.
Let me know if you have a scan tool, I will provide factory troubleshooting procedure.

Let us know the results and I can provide more information as required

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,327 Posts
Silly question but on the back up lights have you had someone verify they aren't on? Mine with stock bulbs you can't see them in the mirrors. My truck with LEDs you know when they are on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts