Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Ricochet Silver SSR
80 Posts
Puddle Lights, Ghost Lights or Door Accent Lights are an aftermarket LED kit. The light is mounted on the bottom of the drivers and passenger door. So when the door is opened the light is projected onto the ground.

Many years ago Dictator had door accent kits for sale, but not sure if he has any remaining. They were very nice.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,222 Posts
lost one of my ssr puddle lights `due to traveling in the rain to Denison anyone have one or some they would sell E' mail [email protected] thanks:grin2:
Rich, most if not all of those lights can be taken apart. The only thing that makes the one you purchased special vs the $5-$20 units is the logo. Yes, you also need to be aware of the LED inside to make sure it is a quality item too and a few more small things but they are all basically very similar in design.

I actually bought a set, took it apart, and played around with making my own logo with a laser printer. Problem was the printer I was using was not a super high resolution but the concept did work well. Anyway, if you want to send it with those templates I can see if it can be repaired or replaced with an inexpensive unit. I can either replace the LED and keep everything the same or take the image from the bad one and install it into a good one. I did not want to drill into my truck so I have the 2 shadow modules I was playing around with available.

Send me PM or an email

1 - 4 of 4 Posts