Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a limited edition signed, numbered (#7 out of 500) SSR poster with certificate on ebay a year or so ago. As it turns out I am not going to be getting an SSR and have decided to sell the poster. In addition I also have the same poster without being signed or numbered and a blue metal model of the SSR still sealed in the box. If anyone is interested in buying it let me know and make an offer. If I don't sell it here I might put it on ebay.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
orangebull said:
I purchased a limited edition signed, numbered (#7 out of 500) SSR poster with certificate on ebay a year or so ago. As it turns out I am not going to be getting an SSR and have decided to sell the poster. In addition I also have the same poster without being signed or numbered and a blue metal model of the SSR still sealed in the box. If anyone is interested in buying it let me know and make an offer. If I don't sell it here I might put it on ebay.
Damn i just saw this post.. I think you should e-bay it lol

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have one of these posters with a signed letter from GM. The poster has a embossed seal on it and it came in the original tube with the SSR poster stamp. My question is where does it show the "out of 500" number? On the picture or on the letter? My understanding is that these were only shipped out to dealers, with a letter thanking the dealership for there interest, and not produced for the public. I have asked many dealers, and none of them know of any that came numbered as limited editions to the public, as the ones they received were only for there own advertising in the showroom.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
The limited edition posters have the Ultra Violet colored SSR - and it's the 'concept' version (mirrors on pillars)... (I have 3 of these limited and numbered posters - two profe$$ionally framed)...

Attachments

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
FatherLarry said:
I have one of these posters with a signed letter from GM. The poster has a embossed seal on it and it came in the original tube with the SSR poster stamp. My question is where does it show the "out of 500" number? On the picture or on the letter? My understanding is that these were only shipped out to dealers, with a letter thanking the dealership for there interest, and not produced for the public. I have asked many dealers, and none of them know of any that came numbered as limited editions to the public, as the ones they received were only for there own advertising in the showroom.
The LIMITED edition posters were available on the GM/Chevy SSR site for a VERY short time (back in April of 2003). I ordered one - it came slightly wrinkled - so I called and had a replacement sent (That I had to pay for) - I kept the bad one too. When I had those two framed, the framer was able to smooth out the defects.

There were other posters that were NOT signed by the development team - those were not limited. The limited edition posters had the signatures AND the ### of 500 hand written on. (FYI: I took one of the posters with me when I took delivery in Montana - and had the dealership rep sign it too)..

I have not seen this poster in ANY dealership... Heres another image:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
30,137 Posts
kwhopper89 said:
I have not seen this poster in ANY dealership... Heres another image:
Dang, and I thought I was becoming obsessed with collecting SSR merchandise! :)

For those that couldn't make homecoming, we all got a copy of the "SSR, an American Original" book, complete with signatures of all of the senior folks at the Lansing assembly plant! One of us Fanatics (I forget who at the moment) even approached Doug Ungemach and Glen Durmisevich (both were there and spoke about the origins of the SSR) and had them sign his book as well!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Orangebull now is pfarrell

Hello all,

I have tried unsuccessfully to log in under my original name of Orangebull. I had to re-registure with a new name.

Anyone that has sent me messages, please resend. I do still have the sign poster along with a lot of other items I colleted such as magazine articles, newspapaer articles, model car, etc, while I thought I was going to get one of the original first year SSRs. The dealer screwed my out of the SSR, but I ended up settling out of court for $$$ instead of getting the car.

I don't need the poster or other items if anyone is interested in buying them, let me know.

thanks,
formally known as Orangebull

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
pfarrell said:
Hello all,

I have tried unsuccessfully to log in under my original name of Orangebull. I had to re-registure with a new name.

Anyone that has sent me messages, please resend. I do still have the sign poster along with a lot of other items I colleted such as magazine articles, newspapaer articles, model car, etc, while I thought I was going to get one of the original first year SSRs. The dealer screwed my out of the SSR, but I ended up settling out of court for $$$ instead of getting the car.

I don't need the poster or other items if anyone is interested in buying them, let me know.

thanks,
You could still buy a 2003........

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
pfarrell said:
Hello all,

thanks,
Do you have a list or pictures. Hard to say if I already have what you have or not with out a description or picture. You can PM me. :)

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
pfarrell said:
Hello all,

thanks,
So - what was the settlement?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts