Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced this?
Jumped in the SSR. Fired it up. Pulled out.... no power... limped all the way home. 4000rpms in 3rd only got me to 40mph. Almost got into a wreck pulling out of the parking lot.

Called a fellow fanatic. He said let it cool off and check the oil and coolant.

Started it to move it to level ground. Fired up like nothing ever happened. Running fine. Oil at the bottom of the hash marks.. can't tell coolant level because can't see any liquid in the coolant overflow tank.

Took it in.
Diagnostics show nothing.

Friends says computer cleared itself.

Anyone limp home yet?
Thanks,
Zack

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
By the SSR only sitting for about 10 minutes the coolant temp was probably at or near 260 degrees at the sensor when you restarted it. This would set the computer to the Limp Home Mode to save the engine because it thinks that it is overheated. The system will only recycle and turn the Limp Home Mode off once the ignition switch has been cycled and the problem no longer persists. This will not be stored in the computer as an error due to the fact that once the ignition switch was cycled the problem did not persist.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
124 Posts
interesting.............This happened to me when I took my ssr home after the gear change to a 4:56. I had to switch the traction control off. The computer must have screwed up. I know the feeling. I pulled out in traffic and the limp mode hit and no where to go. Let us know what you come up with :confused

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I stopped a little hard at the light, Then went to make a left turn almost didn't clear the intersection, wouldn't go. Display said traction control was engaged. Turned it off and all was well. Pretty scary for a few seconds there :seeya

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had the same problem

last saturday night as i was going down the freeway I noticed my console gauges were not working. I stopped for gas, when I started to go again my gauges were working but There was no power (loop mode) i pulled in the parkinglot shut it off for a minute, started it back up and everything was fine. No problem since. maybe a Voltage problem? I've read there has to be a certain resistance value in the electrical system to run correctly. cant fix what aint broke... :cool

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your input guys

Hey thanks for sharing your experiences.
Zack :cool

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,106 Posts
No throttle response

Had a start in the morning that went normal until I tried to move the truck. No throttle response. Shut down and restarted and all was OK. This was a mode that happens if the trottle gives a bad signal to the computer on power-up. Not sure of what mode to call it, but the FADEC (full authority digital electronic control) systems that run the turbine engines have similar self test on power-up. I believe mine was a random issue, butif it happens again, it will be in for either a new accelerator sending unit or the position feedback servo from the throttle body.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts