Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, here is a link to the lingenfelter SSR http://www.lingenfelter.com/img/press/Daij427ssr.mpg
I like how they titled the video 'Daij427ssr' :cool

still havent driven it but I just cant wait to get the car. according to Tim [email protected] this isnt the last test to the car. They are are going to make modifications to the air intake and make another run. They are currently working on it for the final stages. the crackling you hear is not from the exhaust but from the camera coz of the sound. In the beginning of the year I was really desperate. i really wanted an SSR.....now i didnt leave any space for tuning in the future :lol

Thanks to Tim Dyer(sales manager) and everyone else at LPE :flag

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
That was incredible.. I was just sitting here with my head phones and when you hit it.. all i could say was, "Damn" then a moment later "Dayummmmmmm". I love watching that towel on the left get pulled out into the vortex, It hangs for jes a second before drifting back.

That is when my wife said, what in the hell are you watching/listening to?

Her reaction was pretty close to the same thing.

Thanks for the morning wake-up call.

BTW, I get my new "Dynatech SuperMAXX Headers" on this next week. I can't wait to check it out. Whoop! :cool

·
Registered
442 Posts
A local took a new Z28 and put big bucks into it totalling well over $60K, including Lingenfelter 383 and offered it for sale at $35K with just 2000 miles on it. I got it for $31250 and put 10K miles on it, turned it over to a son and he totalled it. The other son was given an LT4 Firehawk and he totalled it. Daughters also got LT4's and they had no problems, enjoying years of driving pleasure. The moral of the story? Have daughters! The Lingenfelter pkg. was a sweet one but it seems they cannot install header bolts so they stay in w/o leaking.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Great Video . . . . . .(astounding actually) ! !

Incredible ! ! ! ;)

Please pardon my ignorance about this kind of stuff, but what kind of numbers would a setup like this generate ? (dynamo & track)

What would it cost? I know, I know..."if you have to ask . . . . . " :rolleyes:

Gary (WearyEagle)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I want a 7.0 in my '07!

Yeah, baby! THAT'S what it's all about!!

Watch this video, GM! This is what I want in my '07!!

I want stupid power in my SSR! Gimme, gimme, gimme!

Congrats on your new 427. I am JEALOUS!

:cuss

What is the horsepower and torque like? What's the cost?

:reddevil

Jeff
Tucson, Arizona

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanx for the input everyone.

this vid means nothing without any stats ofcourse :)

This isnt the final run for the 427 SSR. the final stages are going to be done by the next couple of days. This is a first 427 done to the SSR but I will know the results soon as to how many hp it produces. I have an engine dyno sheet and tried so many times to upload to other forums so i can link it here but no use. The engine dyno sheet i have reads 531 hp which was their first try and with more tune up and calibration, I will know the final result soon. This car was aiming at between 530-550hp.
i am just as curious as the rest of you are :) I still dont know the final result but after seeing that vid and hearing the 427cid (over the phone) i just wish i have the car right now with me.
as for the cost, the total was $30,000 for the tuning. A lot of money maybe but here is what you get for that money:

- engine removal, inspection, and assembly
- Block machining and boring for sleeves
- Custom aluminum block preparation
- Darton modular sleeves assemblies
- ARP 8740 premium grade head studs
- Lingenfelter CNC porting and polishing of cylinder heads
- stainless steel 2.100'' intake valves
- stainless steel 1.57'' exhaust valves
- comp cams double valve springs & titanium retainers
- 3 angle valve job, checking of spring tensions and heights
- custom designed LPE hydraulic roller camshaft
- comp cams heavy duty push rods
- cloyes heavy duty timing set
- Lingenfelter heavy duty rocker arm stands
- custom forged aluminum pistons- 11:1 comp
- custom forged steel crankshaft- 4.00''
- Billet steel connecting rods- 6.125''
- computer balanced rotating assembly
- reassembly and blue printing of the engine
- engine dyno test including 1 hours break in procedure
- professional installation, testing and tuning
- stainless steel exhaust system by corsa
- dynatech headers
- K&N air intake system
- ASP underdrive pulley & goodyear belt
- chassis and engine dyno testing
- heavy duty transmission rebuild
- yank 2,800 stall torque converter
- LPE 2 year/24,000 miles warranty

installation takes them between 3-4 weeks

the car is set to run on premium unleaded 93
after they finish the modifications done to the air intake, they will make the final run and then I will know how much power this truck produces and post it here.

the big question is what can it do in the quarter mile? and i guarrantee you guys....you'll find that out as soon as i get my hands on the car :D

V

·
0 Posts
Vroooooooooooooooooom

I wish I could make that my ringtone, especially that 15 sec burst on the high end.

Vaquero

·
Registered
96 Posts
30 Grand

Ah, I see, you didn't just get a motor... you got the combo meal!

That's the way it should be done.

For all the work you had done, it sounds like a fair deal. The nice thing is that you'll be done. No need to monkey around with the vehicle later on. Now I'm even MORE jealous!

:cuss

Can't wait to hear the stats. What about a .488 gear in the diffy for that 1/4 mile blast?

:reddevil

Jeff

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
The final test shows:
The crankshaft numbers are 530 HP with 550 lbs ft of torque. Numbers at the rear wheels are about 20% less from drivetrain loss 427 HP with 463 lbs ft of torque.

I asked for a good reliable package since i live in Bahrain and no one here is an authorized dealer of the ssr or lingenfelter. There are only 2 other SSRs in the country :)

i was hoping for 550hp but it wasnt possible if the car was to stay a reliable. it would also void the warranty (2 year warranty).

once the warranty is over, i am either going for a twin turbo LPE package :thumbs

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
moe said:
did u have to change the rear diffs or transmission? by the way is it an auto?
yes the rear diff is changed and the transmission is rebuilt plus a stall converter yank 2800 stall torque converter. my daily drives are always an auto :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts