Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just got back from my local Chevy Dealer. I asked the service manager if he would fix all the little things that are wrong with my SSR.

I was wondering if anyone here has a list of part numbers for the:

1. 05 door panels (sometimes the handles work, sometimes not, plus windows are scratching)
2. Driveshaft. (have this one, 556 right? [04 auto])
3. Accessory belt idler. (we have a squealer!)
4. Blower motor parts. (speed two goes the rhumba)
5. Spinning hubcap tape kit. (got this from an earlier post)
6. Left Bose door speaker.

He said if I got him a list, he'd be happy to order the parts and install them.

·
OP
8,268 Posts
1. do a search on this site for moleskin
2. do a search on this site for driveshaft tink
3. ?
4. ?
5. there is a fix for this and the dealer should know about it, mine does.
6. ?

Good luck

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Time to get out the FOR SALE sign ?

Al Corelli said:
Hello,

Just got back from my local Chevy Dealer. I asked the service manager if he would fix all the little things that are wrong with my SSR. . . . He said if I got him a list, he'd be happy to order the parts and install them.
GEEEEEEEEEEEEEESH ! ! :rolleyes:

What have I gotten myself into? Purchased my 04SSR 6 months ago and I can expect the Service Manager at my Chevy Dealer to ask me for the part numbers to service or repair my truck ?

What have I gotten myself into ? :mad

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He just wants to pre-order everything, so I can leave the truck with him for the shortest time possible. I've heard the driveshafts may be on "national backorder" from another dealer.

WearyEagle said:
GEEEEEEEEEEEEEESH ! ! :rolleyes:

What have I gotten myself into? Purchased my 04SSR 6 months ago and I can expect the Service Manager at my Chevy Dealer to ask me for the part numbers to service or repair my truck ?

What have I gotten myself into ? :mad

·
TROUBLE MAKER
568 Posts
Driveshaft!!!!!!!

Al Corelli said:
He just wants to pre-order everything, so I can leave the truck with him for the shortest time possible. I've heard the driveshafts may be on "national backorder" from another dealer.
Well, my "national backorder" driveshaft finally came in.....(this is "Lenore's" third driveshaft) it was installed a week ago, and guess what? It has already started to TINKKKKK!!!!!!! Maybe the fourth one can be an international backorder.... maybe that one will tink in a language I don't understand... then maybe I won't hear it tinking!!! :lol
I give up... I guess it will tink, no matter what driveshaft they install, so I think GM should pay for my louder exhaust so I don't hear it anymore!!!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
78 Posts
My experience

The driveshaft is not on backorder. My dealer had it in one day. My list is even bigger than yours. Had the 04 since 6/21/05 and it has been at the dealer for almost 2 weeks total in days since then.

vibration in front end..3 trips not fixed yet (see replaced parts)
winshield replaced...bad antenna
auto volume fixed...bad connection
Right window adjusted 2 times for water leak
Tonneau cover worked on so that it opens better (lubed)
running boards replaced...glue gave up on rubber
2 ac vents replaced...middle turning wheel fell off
replaced 3 tires..1 front and both backs (vibration)
replaced both bow ties on frt. and back...faded out to plastic underneath
alignment (vibration)
all wheels balanced 3 times (vibration)
driveshaft replaced (vibration) and for tink

Goes back in on Monday as they will be calling the GM area rep in to check out the vibration in the front end. They changed 3 tires but not left front tire. Who wants to bet that it is the tire that the vibration is coming from? I'm not sure anymore but I'm willing to see what they can find. The vibration is cyclical in anture with about 3-4 vibrations and then a 1-2 second smooth gap and it starts all over again. At 70-75 mph it is very annoying and shouldn't happen.

Still all in all, I really like the roadster and I'm not planning to shoot it any time soon!

Wally

·
TROUBLE MAKER
568 Posts
I'm Glad.....

You can't shoot her! I have had too many problems to list, some are ones that have been fixed and are back again! But I love "Lenore" and will keep her no matter what problems she has!!!
If this had been any other vehicle, I don't think I would have put up with all the problems!
But, like any other girl, shes not perfect!!!! :cool

·
Registered
416 Posts
If Chevrolet decides to drop the SSR, one has to wonder whether it will be due to low sales or warranty repair costs!

If a redesigned '07 version is in fact produced, we can only hope the designers have been paying attention to all of these failure reports...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Things to Fix

I have had my '04 since it first was available and I have taken it to the dealer twice, once for an oil change and once to fix the in-dash cupholder (that I broke). No other problems at all. NONE!!! (knock wood) :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.