Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we all seem to do during the long cold winter, we read about our ride.
For you in the south, be warned, were coming out of the garages of North America soon.
As I have waited for the weather to break a few wonderful lines in the text that has passed over my computor a few stand out like beacons, encompassing the spirit of this unique niche market vehicle.
My favorite being.
1. Exclusivity has its price. Norm Mort Toronto Sun, about the SSR
2. Add yours :thumbs
Scott Doran #201 :jester :jester :jester

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From thr SSR book page 141

"The SSR is an unmitigated gift fromheaven" :thumbs

GMHTP's Johnny Hunkins wrote about the SSR :seeya

Scott

·
Premium Member
9,451 Posts
My favorite is the two early 20's guys holding beers, standing on the corner as we drove by with the top down - during a Rod run with 800 entries.

"Dude, that is one totally pimped out ride."

Ray

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Most Unusual comment:

"Wow - that is SEXY"

From an obvoiusly gay (NOT that there's anything wrong with that) fellow near Portland Oregon on my drive back to California.

I had to do a double take - and yes he was lookin' at the SSR! :glol :glol

·
Registered
579 Posts
Radical Ride for a Radical Guy

This came from a friend of mine you said of me.

"That's a radical ride for a radical guy".

I definitely agreed with her on both points!

E :thumbs

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Girl on the street

I was downtown when I first got my SSR. A girl asked me...

"What the F#*k is that?

Honest.
Dave

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
from my pals wife

"Oh my god Ronny ( my pal ) a hot rod with warranty!!!!" :lol
Ronny has a stable of perfectly restored old cars, none with warranty
I felt great, she loved my hotrod because she has been to rallies on the back of a tow truck.
Scott Doran #201 :seeya :seeya

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
I had the best time yet with mine. I had a group of semiconductor engineers from Sony in for a big quarterly project review. We scheduled a dinner meeting after the review and planned to meet at a local restaurant. I arrived early for the dinner and parked the SSR in the front of the parking lot.

Looking out the window, I noticed that a group was gathering around the car and went out to find about 15 Japanese engineers looking at the SSR. When I hit the unlock button and they realized that it was mine, pandemonium broke loose. I spent the next half hour raising and lowering the top, opening the back cover...you've all been there and know the routine.

Anyway, it was a great ice breaker and was the topic of discussion at dinner and the follow up meetings the next day. The meetings and contract signings went extremely well after a rough start the first day. The SSR probably paid for itself in one night. I love this car.

CA

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,210 Posts
As seen on TV

My most favorite moment was an actual duplication from the TV commercial where you see all the kids with soap in there mouth. My son and I were cruising through the Labor day parade and he was running the top up and down, meanwhile I was watching the faces of the crowd, and most all of them were dropping their jaws with the presumably same words HOLY SH.....
I couldn't help but chuckle.

·
Premium Member
6,404 Posts
I decided to enter my first car show last summer. So I flled out the information board they give you to place on your windshield. ( make, model, year-03, etc.)
Later in the day an older gentlemen came up to my wife and I and asked why I had 2003 for the year. We explained the SSR to him and he said, O' diden't know they were bringing them back! :yesnod

1 - 15 of 15 Posts