Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I start a new thread on this fun topic of higher speeds from another thread ...

RISSR said:
For all of you who have not experianced it yet.....the governor does kick in promptly at 126 :eek Can't give it gas until you back down to 119 :nono
I like to inform perhaps some of you on a more interesting note that you might not be aware of. If you are ever involved in an automobile accident your Black Box data can or will be retrieved! :eek Below is a short list of those that might like to know your driving habits and might be wanting to retrieve data from the Black Box... i.e. your high driving speeds, seat belt usage, braking and acceleration habits etc etc

Some What-Ifs ~ if you are ever in an auto accident this "could" happen to you!
  • Police - can issue tickets based on current driving conditions (i.e. too fast for weather conditions and lack of seat belt usage)
  • Insurance companies - can change your insurance rates based on your driving habits (lack of seat belt usage for one)
    Some more interesting thoughts:
  • State Inspections - (NYS Inspections) with their new computers are linked directly to the State Capital and if you owe parking tickets, are a "Dead-Beat Dad" or wanted in a crime guess who can show up while your car is being inspected!
  • GM dealerships - could they tell about your vehicle's maintenance or driving habits?
  • Uncle Sam ? - anyone's guess there?
  • OnStar - I love this great technology hmmm but could they ever warn authorities of your unsafe driving habits or speeding?
:skep

·
Registered
601 Posts
Marc NY said:
I thought I start a new thread on this fun topic of higher speeds from another thread ...

I like to inform perhaps some of you on a more interesting note that you might not be aware of. If you are ever involved in an automobile accident your Black Box data can or will be retrieved! :eek Below is a short list of those that might like to know your driving habits and might be wanting to retrieve data from the Black Box... i.e. your high driving speeds, seat belt usage, braking and acceleration habits etc etc

Some What-Ifs ~ if you are ever in an auto accident this "could" happen to you!
  • Police - can issue tickets based on current driving conditions (i.e. too fast for weather conditions and lack of seat belt usage)
  • Insurance companies - can change your insurance rates based on your driving habits (lack of seat belt usage for one)
    Some more interesting thoughts:
  • State Inspections - (NYS Inspections) with their new computers are linked directly to the State Capital and if you owe parking tickets, are a "Dead-Beat Dad" or wanted in a crime guess who can show up while your car is being inspected!
  • GM dealerships - could they tell about your vehicle's maintenance or driving habits?
  • Uncle Sam ? - anyone's guess there?
  • OnStar - I love this great technology hmmm but could they ever warn authorities of your unsafe driving habits or speeding?
:skep

They are going to get you coming or going. :)

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yes this is so, for instance a story latelly in the news about a vehicle that t boned another in an intersection, there was a fatality and both drivers were blaming each other , finally the authorities decided to read the finall 30 seconds on the cars ecm or black box that works in part with engine , braking and airbag -seatbelt computers in these vehicles . upon retreiving data they were able to see who blew the red light , the computer gave the vehicle speed then told them that the brake was stabbed for a split second then the gas was stabbed to the wide open position ,speed excellerated then immediate speed loss and airbag deployment .
You will see more of this in the future as to insurance companies will be wanting to determine who is at fault in tough subrogation cases .SOOOO when you see that amber light think twice on weather to stab the gas and make a run for it ,as for your insurance co might tell you to get lost

1 - 4 of 4 Posts