Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Judi is broke down in Mayfield, Kentucky on her way to Cincinnati. It appears it's the automatic bushing. Stuck at the gas station and will not go in gear. Anyone near that can help her? Just need to zip tie the shift cable to the gear shift lever and get her on her way! She over 350 miles from Cincinnati.

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
There is a Owner in Cadiz, down the road and used to be a owner from Fulton. I go through Mayfield 3 times a week when I'm working. Sounds like the same problem @mtr317 had with ignition switch.

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
If it's the bushing. Suggest if can't find a good Samaritan, call a roll back to left it up and tell them what to do.

·
Premium Member
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it's the bushing. Suggest if can't find a good Samaritan, call a roll back to left it up and tell them what to do.
The rollback driver is taking her to Elizabethtown Kentucky to a hotel. He purchase some zip ties and is going to try to reattach the cable to the arm per dictator's suggestion.

Reactions: Curbsssr

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Give her my phone #.
The rollback driver is taking her to Elizabethtown Kentucky to a hotel. He purchase some zip ties and is going to try to reattach the cable to the arm per dictator's suggestion.
Give her my phone #. Bob Derenski should be rolling though Elizabethtown about 10:00 10:15. Wonder why they towed her 2 hours and 45 minutes from Mayfield to Elizabethtown?

·
Premium Member
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Her A AA will tow her up to 200 mi. She just wanted to get as close to Cincinnati as she could.

·
Premium Member
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sadly that 200 miles won't get her here. We still need to figure something out in the morning for the next 160 miles or so! 😱

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
4,803 Posts
Most auto parts stores should have the Dorman plastic bushing. pair of vice grips or Channel locks should be able to pop it in to get back on the road and safely back home. Part number is a 14055

·
Premium Member
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Bruce! she got it zip tied last night by the roll off driver and on her way to Cincinnat for the permanent fix!

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
4,803 Posts
If doing the piece that @Dicktator has, you might want to find the shift linkage arm that @Dinerman uses . That way your not trying to find a grinder to get off the old stud. This arm you can punch it out and then put in the new bolt kit from Dicktator. hope this helps to have stuff ready and make it a little easier.
Dorman # 74124 shift lever

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,231 Posts
If doing the piece that @Dicktator has, you might want to find the shift linkage arm that @Dinerman uses . That way your not trying to find a grinder to get off the old stud. This arm you can punch it out and then put in the new bolt kit from Dicktator. hope this helps to have stuff ready and make it a little easier.
Dorman # 74124 shift lever
I ordered 4 of those and punched out the stud and threw in the bag with the kits. I've had to zip tie a few recently so now I made up the kits with SS hardware I had in the Shop. Cant carry a grinder out into a parking lot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts