Chevy SSR Forum banner

Little Wing needs help in Kentucky!

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  .40329 
#1 ·
Judi is broke down in Mayfield, Kentucky on her way to Cincinnati. It appears it's the automatic bushing. Stuck at the gas station and will not go in gear. Anyone near that can help her? Just need to zip tie the shift cable to the gear shift lever and get her on her way! She over 350 miles from Cincinnati.

#7 ·
The rollback driver is taking her to Elizabethtown Kentucky to a hotel. He purchase some zip ties and is going to try to reattach the cable to the arm per dictator's suggestion.

Reactions: Curbsssr
#11 ·
Sadly that 200 miles won't get her here. We still need to figure something out in the morning for the next 160 miles or so! 😱

#14 ·
If doing the piece that @Dicktator has, you might want to find the shift linkage arm that @Dinerman uses . That way your not trying to find a grinder to get off the old stud. This arm you can punch it out and then put in the new bolt kit from Dicktator. hope this helps to have stuff ready and make it a little easier.
Dorman # 74124 shift lever

#16 ·
If doing the piece that @Dicktator has, you might want to find the shift linkage arm that @Dinerman uses . That way your not trying to find a grinder to get off the old stud. This arm you can punch it out and then put in the new bolt kit from Dicktator. hope this helps to have stuff ready and make it a little easier.
Dorman # 74124 shift lever
I ordered 4 of those and punched out the stud and threw in the bag with the kits. I've had to zip tie a few recently so now I made up the kits with SS hardware I had in the Shop. Cant carry a grinder out into a parking lot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.