Chevy SSR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Have SSR...will travel!!
1,115 Posts
Trikerider (update 2/10/19)

Several of us have seen Lloyd and Eileen in recent days. Lloyd was moved last week to a rehab hospital and has started additional therapy. His voice has improved significantly, mobility is also improving, as are his spirits. Eileen is doing well too, and as can be imagined, very supportive. Son and daughter-in-law returned temporarily to Georgia and will return soon. Additional info will be posted as deemed appropriate, but continued thoughts and prayers are needed.
Lee
May we have the address so that we may send cards and words of encouragement to him and Miss Eileen?

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
May we have the address so that we may send cards and words of encouragement to him and Miss Eileen?
I am uncertain how to respond. I am certain cards and notes would be welcome, however giving a snail mail address in a public forum could lead to problems they otherwise certainly don’t need.

Any suggestions on how to proceed are certainly welcome and needed.

A couple of options:

Perhaps sending them to me, since we use a post office box would work? I check that mail box several times a week and could collect these and hand deliver them?

Another option might be for those wanting to participate to send me a private message and I could respond with an address?

Lee

·
Super Moderator
13,583 Posts
I am uncertain how to respond. I am certain cards and notes would be welcome, however giving a snail mail address in a public forum could lead to problems they otherwise certainly don’t need.

Any suggestions on how to proceed are certainly welcome and needed.

A couple of options:

Perhaps sending them to me, since we use a post office box would work? I check that mail box several times a week and could collect these and hand deliver them?

Another option might be for those wanting to participate to send me a private message and I could respond with an address?

Lee
Too many of us post contact info and agree it is not a good idea.
I am guilty of doing that as well but try to remember to go back and delete it/them when I think the usefulness is completed.

I can't think of better options than you have described except maybe just mailing envelopes directly to the facility and somewhere on the envelope indicate which person it is for.
Question is, is whether you want to post the location - also that after a bunch of posts that info pretty much gets lost and probably best edited into Post #1.
I think PM to you for your mailbox is best option

Best wishes to Lloyd

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Knee Mail for Llyod and Ellen, hope the therapy will help him return to his fantastic self in short order. Please continue to keep the forum updated.

Dale

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Too many of us post contact info and agree it is not a good idea.
I am guilty of doing that as well but try to remember to go back and delete it/them when I think the usefulness is completed.

I can't think of better options than you have described except maybe just mailing envelopes directly to the facility and somewhere on the envelope indicate which person it is for.
Question is, is whether you want to post the location - also that after a bunch of posts that info pretty much gets lost and probably best edited into Post #1.
I think PM to you for your mailbox is best option

Best wishes to Lloyd
Ok to keep this simple and moving forward let’s try this, as Cash suggested. I will respond to a private message request for a Post Office number address that can be used to send a snail mail note or card to Lloyd “Trikerider”. I will deliver these to Lloyd and Eileen, unopened, as soon as possible. I typically pick up the mail at that box several times each week.

Talked to Lloyd last evening. He needed help trying to use his phone contacts. We figured out that “Siri” can be helpful in ways not considered previously.

Lee

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Update 2/17/2019
Several of us checked on Lloyd and Eileen at various times this past week. Therapy is progressing well! His wheel chair, he said, isn’t as fast as his “R”. It’s also not near as attractive, IMO. So all that it is some motivation to get the H out of there! Sure hope so. There will be need to move to another facility near the months end...rules don’t you know 🧐. Family will be looking at options soon. Next week some more of us will be checking in as well and post updates as appropriate.

Any wanting to send a card or note of well wishes to Lloyd and Eileen can send me a PM and I will reply with an address.

Best to all,

Lee

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Update 2/22/19
A bunch of of us stopped in to check on LLoyd and Eileen this week. He had a rough couple of days midweek, but this afternoon was doing much better. Therapy is progressing and his typical upbeat spirit is no doubt a key. Eileen is doing as well as can be expected. Long days for her going back and forth, though. We will be spreading out the visits next week so he has someone checking multiple times and he gets more visit time. He said some days it gets lonely so, rather than a group visit, we’ll coordinate days as we can. He enjoys company and BS’n. Hand delivered one card to him today too.

Anyone wanting to send a card or note can PM me for an address. I will hand deliver these, unopened, to them.

Lee

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Update 3/16/2019

A large group of Lloyd and Eileen’s SSR Fanatics buddies and spouses took advantage of some awesome late winter weather today and paid him a surprise visit. We had eight SSRs, including Lloyd’s car. One of his sons got it all washed and spiffed up. It was great seeing him and it sure seemed like he enjoyed the surprise!

He waved hello to all his Fanatic buddies. See the attached photo.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Thanks to all for going and the updates I’m very glad things are better for him keep updates coming.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Some more pics

Had a great afternoon with Lloyd and the rest of the bunch. Lloyd leading the way out to the R's, it was such a nice day we got to lower the tops from our lunch stop over to see Lloyd and Eileen. Nice pic of Lloyd and Eileen's family in front of his R.

Attachments

·
BLU SSR
1,003 Posts
Had a great afternoon with Lloyd and the rest of the bunch. Lloyd leading the way out to the R's, it was such a nice day we got to lower the tops from our lunch stop over to see Lloyd and Eileen. Nice pic of Lloyd and Eileen's family in front of his R.
Lloyd and his :blur:SSR both lookin' good :thumbs

41 - 60 of 86 Posts
About this Discussion
85 Replies
43 Participants
Mike in AZ
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing