Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to the GM dealer an asked him for a lockable gascap. --- Not available ---

I went to different stores like autozone etc. --- not available.

Has someone a idea where i can find one or is there anotherone which fits from a different model ?

I am afraid to leave it unlocked.

Marc :seeya

Attachments

·
Registered
590 Posts
searching Previous Threads Locking Gas Cap Fram Rg-506 Comes Up A Couple Of Times

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Here ya go on Ebay...

Locking Gas Cap

3 hours left on this auction......$90.00.

P/P

Peace :flag

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Hi. There are two reasons that you really don't need and shouldn't use a locking fuel cap. The first reason is that fuel can't be siphoned from the tank as there is a roll over check valve in the tank and this will not allow a hose pass it and the second reason is it will cause the service engine light to come on due to the fuel system being a sealed system to capture fuel fumes. I see the second problem alot in my job as a chevy tech. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info

Hi
Many thanks for the info, but the reason is why i am looking for a lock gas cap, because i take the care to Switzerland and you dont see very much of SSR .

I am a little afrait, that some crazy people put me just for fun sugar or something else in the tank, so i feel safer if its locked.

I found a gas door from AMI billet Part No 6095 where you only can replace the door and leave the rest as it is.

Many thanks for the info.

Marc

·
Premium Member
9,312 Posts
Good luck with the SSR, Swiss.

I wonder if anyone will notice an SSR in a sea of miniature beige sedans?

I don't think I saw a pickup in three weeks of touring France, England and Ireland. Lots of Mercedes and Bimmers not getting a second look, but a crowd around a mostly stock, somewhat rusty early 70s Camaro. It looked huge in those surroundings.

I think the SSR would create a mob scene. Hope you don't mind a little attention.

Ray :thumbs

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Locking fuel gas cap

I found the right one for the SSR at AUTO DISCOUNT PARTS
from

Stant Manufacturing Inc.
pre-vent locking fuel cap
Part No 11501

$ 14.40