Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We’ve got the 2003 SSR ready for the Autorama show in San Antonio, February 10-12. I have uploaded pictures to the gallery and have some good tech on engine dress up parts. :thumbs

We pulled off the first phase of customizing last July while my Dad was out of town for 8 days. He didn’t think we’d do anything to his truck while he was gone because it was the Fourth of July weekend and a four day work week in the shop. He was pleasantly surprised to get “Overhauled”. In just 8 days (actually nights) we completed the paint, interior, suspension, wheels and tires. After the Live Oak, Texas car show last month we installed the Magnuson supercharger, SuperMaxx headers and high flow cats, engine bling, door sill plates, and the 3G Services Chin Spoiler.

To dress up the engine bay and help the polished supercharger not feel so lonely, we were able to source some goodies from Billet Specialties and Street and Performance Electronics. We replaced or covered all the caps under the hood with polished billet pieces. The following part numbers should help when you are looking for some goodies for your 5.7 SSR engine bay.

Bill at Billet Specialties <http://www.billetspecialties.com/ > was a huge help figuring out what should work.
PN# 249204: Radiator over flow bottle cap cover.
PN# 249204: Supercharger intercooler reservoir cap cover. The plastic cap needed to be trimmed for the cover to fit. Be patient with your dremel a you’ll be good to go.
PN# 249202: Oil filler cap cover.
PN# 249203: Power steering reservoir cap cover.
PN# 249205: Windshield washer reservoir cap replacement.
PN# 249111: Brake booster reservoir cover
PN# 249201: Brake booster reservoir filler cap replacement:

These caps either cover the existing caps or they replace the factory cap all together. The covers fit pretty snug so you just need a small amount of silicone inside to secure them to the existing cap.

We also sourced a pair of ignition coil covers, manufactured by Street and Performance Electronics, from http://www.hubcapsplus.com. We purchased part number SPE-665023. These are designed for the 5.7 but needed some modification to fit the SSR engine bay. On the driver side the rear of the coil cover needs to be trimmed to allow clearance around the brake booster. On the passenger side the transmission dip stick tube needed to be moved to the other side of the A/C hoses. This cover also needed to be trimmed in the rear to clear the A/C fittings on the fire wall and the front lower corned need to be trimmed to allow clearance around the supercharger intercooler reservoir hoses. I have templates if anyone is interested in not reinventing the wheel. Any machine shop should be able to trim these with a band saw or milling machine. Then polish up the fresh cut edges and you’re good to go.

We are the most happy with the 3G services front chin spoiler. Doug and his wife at 3G were awesome to deal with and the spoiler showed up exactly when they said it would. We bought the fiberglass spoiler and we were very impressed with the fit and finish. We typically won’t mess around with fiberglass aftermarket parts for ourselves, or even for our customers, because of poor quality and fit but we are so glad we bought this spoiler. :)

With the truck lowered, we will have to be careful entering some drive ways and pulling all the way up to parking spot bumpers is out of the question, but the spoiler looks awesome on the truck and really finishes out the rest of our exterior modifications.

Sorry for the long post but we wanted to pass on the info to other interested SSR owners. SSRFanatics.com has been a big help as we’ve been working on this project.

If you’re in San Antonio this weekend we hope to see you at the Alamo Dome for the show. :seeya

Jeff at Jack’s

Attachments

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
BEAUTIFUL!

Can I drop my SSR off with you this 4 of July??? :lol

I thought this is what you were talking about when I read locked and loaded:

THE DILLON AERO M134D
Some facts about this electric-powered (AC or DC) six-barrel Gatling gun:
• Fires 3,000 or 4,000 7.62mm NATO rounds per minute
• Can be mounted on any stationary or mobile surface
• Uses "ammunition belts" carrying from 1,500 to 4,400 rounds

Video at: http://cbs5.com/local/local_story_033200508.html

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,706 Posts
locked and loaded

kieth that gun is in my nieghborhood of the state over in livermore news reorts say they have 5 of them and six trucks on which they can mount them

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
abadssr said:
kieth that gun is in my nieghborhood of the state over in livermore news reorts say they have 5 of them and six trucks on which they can mount them
I understand it's the first automatic weapons at the site - I guess if you are going to go full auto - this will be the weapon of choice. $50k to 75k per

Mount one of these in the bed of an SSR! (Hummm - an SSR w/ a tail gunner!)

Sorry JeffatJacks - unintentional hijack of your thread!:eek

·
OP
8,225 Posts
nice

ssswwwwweeeeeeeeetttt.
Have fun at the show, wish I could be there, but Galveston calls (Mom)...

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
I saw You A Few Months Ago

You have an awesome looking vehicle. I believe I saw a glimpse of that beautiful SSR exiting 1604 heading down Universal City area some months ago. I was so excited I tried explaining the color scheme to my wife. She looked at me like I was on something. Now I can prove my case. Hopefully I will see your awesome SSR at the auto show this weekend. Good Luck at the show.

Redrodder

·
2005 SSR LOW MILES
2,234 Posts
Nice Truck

Really Nice Truck And Thanks For The Part Numbers

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Oh man that looks awesome, you need to tell us more on the engine !!! I love those caps!! Very :cool! Nice paint, nice wheels!!! :thumbs Good Luck this weekend!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wildcat66 said:
Oh man that looks awesome, you need to tell us more on the engine !!! I love those caps!! Very :cool! Nice paint, nice wheels!!! :thumbs Good Luck this weekend!
Bob,

What would you like to know about the engine?

Jeff

·
Premium Member
71,376 Posts
I saw your SSR at the S.A. show...You need to open the hood higher so everyone can see the underhood goodies better,,,,,, I will have to drop by at your shop to see up close the mods.....
blueroadster06

·
Registered
371 Posts
kwhopper89 said:
BEAUTIFUL!

Can I drop my SSR off with you this 4 of July??? :lol

I thought this is what you were talking about when I read locked and loaded:

THE DILLON AERO M134D
Some facts about this electric-powered (AC or DC) six-barrel Gatling gun:
• Fires 3,000 or 4,000 7.62mm NATO rounds per minute
• Can be mounted on any stationary or mobile surface
• Uses "ammunition belts" carrying from 1,500 to 4,400 rounds

Video at: http://cbs5.com/local/local_story_033200508.html
Hey kwhopper89....We had a few of those when I was in Vietnam.....quite an attention getter!

·
Registered
371 Posts
You Make Us Proud

JeffatJacks....You make us "Redline Red" owners especially proud with your "overhaulin" of your Dad's SSR, and all of us SSR owners proud! Great lookin' ride, you will blow them away!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts