Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a locking gas cap that will work on an 05 SSR? There was a post some time ago stating that astank cap # 10511 or 11511 would fit. I have yet to find an auto parts store that can find such a number. Any Suggestions?

Thanks,

bcbear

·
Registered
893 Posts
GAs cap (locking)

I have one on order and due any day.........Will Tell ya how it works out.........Fits an Envoy or Trailblazer

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts

Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)
I just bought 6 feet of 3/8 hose

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
REBEL!
I sure wish you lived closer!
I just know that we could have a LOT of fun!
:lol

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
REBEL said:

Now you know why I want the locking gas cap!!! 3/8 hose would drain the tank in a hurry-----------

bcbear

·
Registered
24 Posts
Why use a locking gas cap?

If you are worried someone will put something into your tank, then fine. However, gas filler necks have had anti-syphoning check valves built into them for a long time now. You can't stick a hose down to syphon them off, but people have been known to puncture gas tanks to steal gas.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
There is no reason to put a locking gas cap on as you can't siphon fuel out anyway due to the rollover check valve. in the filler neck of the fuel tank there is a ball about the size of a golfball in a cage that is there to keep fuel from spilling out in the event of a rollover and you can't get a hose past it. I also see alot of service engine soon lights due to the evap system failers when there is a locking gas cap on vehicle as these cap don't seal the fuel and then the pcm thinks there is a vapor leak.

·
Premium Member
2,708 Posts
REBEL said:
The filler neck it self is 6 feet long :lol
Doug

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Locking Gas Door

Go to www.SSRDriver.com scroll down and there is a locking gas door. Installed one simple fit looks great :thumbs Its well worth the money and great quality not a cheapee

·
Registered
893 Posts
Locking Gas Door

Got mine today....installed in a few minutes.......AND.......looks great......AMI 6095L Satin finish........Just one small modification to one installation tab........Lower left tab....groove had to be enlarged.....short work, with a good file.......Rear wing painted and cleared, will install tomorrow..... am happy as a pig in mud.... :lol

·
OP
8,225 Posts
the forest for the trees

perhaps my eyes are playing tricks, but I have now scrolled through that link 3 times and concentrated on each and every listing and cannot find the locking fuel door you speak of. I found the decal, but no door. Could you provide the actual link?
Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts