Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Does anyone know if the 05 carpet floor mats with the logo (larger driver side) fits in an 03? I don't know of any dealer in the area that has an 05 otherwise I would look at it. Am I stuck with a peculiar part number or can I get the newer ones? I really need a pair just for show, these things sure don't last long.

Thanks In Advance,
Mike
:flag

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying but .........
Yes, I know that there are different part numbers due to the size, what I need to know is if the 05 will fit an 03. Is the floor actually different or did they just decide to make a larger mat for some reason?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I remember reading the floor was modded to allow for the clutch pedal. The 03-4s have a hump for the left foot to rest on. Right where the clutch pedal would be.

I would not expect an 05 floor mat to fit the earlier floor pans.

B

·
0 Posts
The 05 dead pedal is a good 2" narrower. I have had both 03 and 05 floormats aredifferent widths from tunnel to dead pedal. I will post a picture of my 05 with a clearmat on it that fit my 03 perfectly. Exact mats try to tell me they are the same and won't make the mats to fit our 05 made after labor day 2004. They contacted me once about 6 or 7 weeks ago. e-mailed them twice since with no response. Just so you will know if you have a 05 the mats do not look right. I had asked them about this before hand. They said it would fit right. Now they try to tell me that they have no complaints. BULLBUTTER! :bs

Attachments

·
Registered
416 Posts
beer100 said:
I remember reading the floor was modded to allow for the clutch pedal. The 03-4s have a hump for the left foot to rest on. Right where the clutch pedal would be.
I read the same thing, and it make sense. One of the few things I don't like about my '05 SSR is how the deadpedal is so narrow and tucked behind the hood release lever housing.

·
Registered
541 Posts
The best mats

I just got our new mats from CAR Motorsports. They make a different mat for an 05. I had an 04 and I can tell you for sure that the mats for the drivers side are different.

The mats are much thicker than any from GM, they cover more of the floor and if you ask for them, you can get them with PLDs. That is Positive Locking Devices. They also have a lifetime warranty. Our problem with the stock mats and with the first version of custom mats was that the driver's side would bunch up under the pedals. Hopefully, that problem is fixed. I know that the PLDs on my 04 GTO made a world of difference.

Pictures later (it's dark out).

Diggs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts