Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased a set of the factory chrome wheels (thanks again Paul in Boca) and had them color-keyed to match my Yellow 05 SSR. I am very happy with the look. My only problem is that I now have four different styles of center caps to choose from. Factory silver, factory chrome with gold Bow-Tie, after-market chrome no Bow-Tie and factory silver with painted yellow Bow-Tie. Maybe I will just keep changing them every month?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fourhounds said:
Looks Great!
Where can we get those mud flaps you have?
I put splash guards on my 2005 SSR about a three months ago, I purchased them from Auto Barn. They are made by Highland, style-G, part#-11051. I used the same ones front & rear. I am very happy with them they fit very well, look custom. They do sit a bit low to the road on the front, tend to rub on speed bumps. I purchased an extra set so if the front ones are damaged I will have replacements. I used the factory fasteners to mount them and did not drill any new holes in the car. They keep the sides of the car MUCH cleaner, and yes I do have running boards.
I hope this helps,
Rich

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Bow tie

I have a suggestion for your wheel cover , Go to a sign shop that makes vinyl signs and get a piece yellow vinyl . will not take very much and don't pay over $3.00. If they want more try another shop. :seeya Kay :ssr

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Very Cool

I haven't seen this before with the stock wheels! Wonder how Redline Red would look????????? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Original!

Very creative! You may have started a trend. Curious as to how you got the paint to stick to polished chrome?

·
OP
8,225 Posts
not chrome

The inside of the wheels or the spokes is not polished chrome, at least not on the '05's.
This is a beautiful job by the way. I want to do the same for my brake calipers in redline red and I do not see why I couldn't do it to my wheels as well.
The mudflaps are a nice finished look but keep in mind that the design causes paint scratching where the overlap occurs on the fender, so if you ever remove them there will be scratching from trapped dirt rubbing. Either leave them on forever or repaint.
Do a search on mudflaps on this forum and find other results from other members.
They look good however.

Nice work. :ssr

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
I like the looks of the yellow painted on inside of wheels. Something different. However, god help you when it's car washing time. How would you clean the inside of the wheels up?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Scheide said:
I like the looks of the yellow painted on inside of wheels. Something different. However, god help you when it's car washing time. How would you clean the inside of the wheels up?

Every time I wash mine, I clean the inside of the wheels. With a little patience and time, I can get my hand all the way around in there. It looks so much better when clean.

·
OP
8,225 Posts
tight but no problem

That's true, I can get my entire inside wheel clean with a little elbow grease. If you can't fit your fat hand, then get a brush wand to get in there :lol :lol :lol

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
JOHN317 said:
Very creative! You may have started a trend. Curious as to how you got the paint to stick to polished chrome?
The parts I painted were not chrome, they were dark gray painted.

·
Registered
78 Posts
mud guards

I just installed mine yesterday night. I did a little trimming of the outside piece of vinyl (the piece that fits flush to the fender) from the horizontal to the vertical area to raise the flap up about 1" when mounted. It went very well and the trimming is impossible to see unless you are under the roadster. The rears need no trimming as they sit much higher due to the 20" tires and will not scrape any speed bumps. Now I'm just not sure as whether to leave them black or paint them yellow to match the body color???

Wally

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Wallygator: Installed mine some time ago but painted them aqua blur. Look good but agree the fronts sit too low. I didn't trim mine but they are automatically getting trimmed over each bump. Scheide

1 - 20 of 30 Posts