Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dear friend Glen Wilson "Bud" Mitchell (Bud's Tire) is looking for an 03 or 04 high mileage SSR for 13 or 14,000 dollars. Prefers Red, Yellow or Silver. If you are a "player" please contact me ... tennesseecozydog ... Bob Alexander 615 605 4763. Thanks a 1,000,000 !!!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
There is a black and purple one down in Nashville listed for $10,000 right now on facebook. A silver one for 13,400 in DesMoines on Facebook

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,941 Posts
BOB,
There is a gal on this site called Yellow Baby. She is in Lagrange Georgia. She has two SSR's and is trying to sell the 2003 with 20,300 miles on it. She was asking $22,000 but has had it listed for awhile on the forum. Maybe she would come down a little and your friend could come up a little and they could both make out OK. Just an Idea and it would help a fellow Fanatic out. I just checked and she has been trying to sell it for 11 months according to her post. As of the other day she still had it. Happy hunting.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
@tennesseecozydog my opinion is P on Facebook. There are some on numerous sites including Ebay, one for $7,500 with some Front end damage, that doesn't look terribly bad for a car guy to fix. Also there was a member that had a Silver one that needed some minor body work.

Nick

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Check out this, yellow, no pictures yet link: https://www.carsforsale.com/Search?SearchTypeID=2&Make=Chevrolet&Model=SSR&MinModelYear=2004&MaxModelYear=2004&Conditions=used&Conditions=manufacturer certified&PageNumber=8&OrderBy=Relevance&OrderDirection=Desc
$13K, 93.5K miles
Keep an eye on Ebay, you might get lucky with a low bid on one! You never know! It is Fall and someone may really need/want to sell.
That same one comes up with the Auto boutique in Columbus.

But it then says Huston? I have been watching this and it has said coming soon for about a month -- @tennesseecozydog might what to give them a call, if indeed in Columbus I would gladly go check it out if requested

·
Premium Member
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Autoprof ... sent Auto Boutique an Email and will call them in the morning around 11 CST (12 EST). Thanks for info. Will follow up on this little Yellow baby. tennesseecozydog Bob Alexander.

·
BLU SSR
1,344 Posts
I have been talking to an owner that I met at a car show who wants to sell a Red 2004 with 56K and has running boards and chrome wheels - have not seen it in person, only a picture. asking 17,500 but might deal. I am trying to get more info.
reason for selling - has 5 trucks and wife wants a car.

·
Premium Member
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jim, is it in Illinois ??? That's probably a good price since it has Running Boards and Chrome Rims plus Low Mileage. P.S. That's a damn good reason for selling ... 5 trucks or 5 SSR's !!! Bob Alexander.

·
BLU SSR
1,344 Posts
Bob, It's in Bowling Green Missouri which is about an hour south of me on US 61. I started a thread in the for sale section with all the info that I have on it. That's 5 trucks as in pick ups not SSRs, he said if he sells his purple stepside first, he will keep the SSR. If it sounds like something Bud has interest in, I would be happy to stop in and take a look at it. P.S. It would look good parked next to your Yeller at work! Jim

·
Premium Member
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bud keeps his "Classic's" 56 Chevy 210 , 55 Chevy 2 Door Sedan, 55 Chevy Hardtop, 63 Nova/Chevy II & his 83 Monte Carlo SS in the basement of the Wilson Mitchell Hardware Store next door to his house. Bob

·
Slingshot Rules!
63,258 Posts
Bud keeps his "Classic's" 56 Chevy 210 , 55 Chevy 2 Door Sedan, 55 Chevy Hardtop, 63 Nova/Chevy II & his 83 Monte Carlo SS in the basement of the Wilson Mitchell Hardware Store next door to his house. Bob
Just curious, Bob . . .

How was Bud able to teach those Mega-Classics to go up and down the Basement Steps?

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !

·
Premium Member
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Your right Jim ... Bud started Bud's Tire (along with Kay and an 18 year old kid named Eddie Smitty, now called Little Bud) in a 1 car wooden garage across the street from his Grocery & Hardware Store where he kept the tires 35 years ago !!! Li'l Bud is still with him despite being fired twice by Kay during the past 35 years. Bud has actually never fired anybody in his 35 years in business. That is Li'l Buds job in the shop and Kay's job in the office. It is one of the last Mom & Pop successful business' still going strong in this great country. Bud is acting on my advice in regards to purchasing an SSR. An 03 or an 04 usually are less expensive and the 5.3 motor has more than enough "ge up and go" plus the 03's & 04's use Regular gas. High mileage does not matter to Bud (he put 3 or 4 motors in his 62 409) tennesseecozydog

·
Premium Member
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
DOOPHUS ... the store is built on the side of a hill and you just drive around back and "enter thru the rear" tennesseecozydog !!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts