Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005/2006 SSR Engine Cover Insert

:black::black::black:

·
Spirited driver!
1,544 Posts
The inserts are the same for all years. Are you looking for a particular color?

·
Super Moderator
13,943 Posts
I assume black - given the :black::black::black: as a hint

As most know, the 2006 SSR did not have the engine cover insert as an available option but a significant number of MY2005 were built without them as well
To date I have found 171 MY2005 with the notation BUILT WITHOUT ENGINE COVER INSERT on the build sheet

·
Spirited driver!
1,544 Posts
I assume black - given the :black::black::black: as a hint

As most know, the 2006 SSR did not have the engine cover insert as an available option but a significant number of MY2005 were built without them as well
I saw the :black: but you never know. Maybe he wants to add a little :yellow: to his life to class it up some?

·
Super Moderator
13,943 Posts
I saw the :black: but you never know. Maybe he wants to add a little :yellow: to his life to class it up some?
Wow Lance - quick on the trigger - you must be on an Int'l high - HaHa!
I know what you meant about not having your SSR at the meet - miss a lot of the fun without your own SSR there - you probably got around by taxi - HaHa!

Anyway, I am breaking one of our own rules - sort of hi-jacking.

I think we are looking for a black insert - best advice is to look on ebay as they do come up for sale - possibly phone Cleveland Power (Cleveland Pick a Part)

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys ... Black or Chrome will work.

:black::black::black:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Theres a black one on ebay for $25.00 with $6.00 shipping, used not bad shape looks like its missing the clips but in a pinch it might work for you.
Heres the ebay #362127515596

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
insert

I got a chrome one from Mike at Simple Engineering. It was one of the ones from the dearly departed collection and very well done. Not cheap, but it went to a good cause. Love it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts