Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am a computer engineer by training, but have not done hands on work in a very long time, yet I have school friends that are still in the hands on trade. I reached out to a couple of them to see if they would attempt RDM repair. Seeing how RDM shortage is becoming a source of pain for so many of fanatics, I would like to see if I can help in any way.

I need a not working RDM for any year SSR for them to work on. I will test RDM in my truck after the repair.
Please message me if you have RDM you are willing to part with and how much you want for it.

thank you all.

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
4,393 Posts
An 03 or 04 will still communicate with a scan tool and operate the roof, windows, AC and other functions when installed in an 05 or 06. But the outside air temp on DIC will not function.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
If someone provides you with a RDM for you experiment to find a viable repair that you can then market and profit from, I think the RDM donor should receive their repaired contributed RDM at no charge for the repair. Seems only fair. Just sayin’…Stano🤠

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If someone provides you with a RDM for you experiment to find a viable repair that you can then market and profit from, I think the RDM donor should receive their repaired contributed RDM at no charge for the repair. Seems only fair. Just sayin’…Stano🤠
I think that is fair. No issues with your proposal.

I originally did not think about this venture as a potential side hassle for profit, but thank you for the idea. I was just trying to line up a shop for the club and for myself when the time comes for my truck's RDM to be rebuilt.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
30,363 Posts
I am thinking the only way this will work out as a viable solution is if it is handled by a Fanatic who is there to keep the trucks on the road for a small profit or at cost. There is not enough market for a big operation to invest in it.

·
SSR Believer
3,623 Posts
FYI,

In the works...

The more folks working on it the better IMHO. Best of luck!

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I think that is fair. No issues with your proposal.

I originally did not think about this venture as a potential side hassle for profit, but thank you for the idea. I was just trying to line up a shop for the club and for myself when the time comes for my truck's RDM to be rebuilt.
Oh, if you come up with a fix, you have to market it. I think we are all OK with you making some money if you find the solution. We’ll probably all need your services at some point.
Beat of luck to you!…Stano🤠

1 - 11 of 11 Posts